1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars Much too American;(, 26 April 2012
Igusia (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reading Together: Everything You Need to Know to Raise a Child Who Loves to Read (Paperback)
I bought this book on the basis of reviews from Amazon.com, which were so full of praise I could hardly wait for my copy to arrive! For me, a disappointment: the book is essentially a list of 101 book titles with proposed topics for conversations with your little one to develop a deep love for books, which, for me, is a great concept. The problem I had was that most of the books were not at all readily available on the British market(forget about finding them in a library without a lot of research!); you could, obviously, buy them off Amazon, but I really didn't want to add another 100 books to my daughter's, already far too large, library!
I guess the main reason I was disappointed was that I was looking for some general ideas to use when reading with my daughter to make reading less of a "chore", and this book, albeit rich in material, just doesn't have much of that. Having said that, if it was cheaper, I would've probably kept it-it had some valuable points to note, just not enough for me to justify the price.

12.68