5.0 out of 5 stars This book will REDEFINE RELATIONSHIPS!!!!
Published on 27 July 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars two-thirds good
I found the first third of the book tedious because Jakes writing style was so long-winded, repetitive and filled with similes which made his explanations seem hyperbolic to me. I also didnt learn anything new there because the advice about taking of yourself as a lady is standard info that I would hope most people know.

The last two-thirds of the book were...
Published 10 months ago by M. Gama

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will REDEFINE RELATIONSHIPS!!!!, 27 July 1998
This review is from: The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord (Hardcover)
What a healing!!! I have celebrated who I am in Part I, The Lady, and my stock in myself has increased. I have shed small tears of remorse as I read Her Lover, and thought back on ways I may have caused my late husband to not open up and share with me!! But I have embraced being that Virtuous Woman that would be ready if the FATHER choses to send me a mate again. Thank you Bishop Jakes, for doing what we can't get the men in our lives to do.... share. Thank you Sis. Jakes for letting him open up to us to make us better lovers and friends to the husbands we have or God may be sending. I see the shadow of my footsteps in the chapter on Embracing Her Lord, as I too celebrate being a daughter of Sarah. Who are you Bishop Jakes, that you know us so well??!!! Thank God for using you so mightily. I have rejoiced, I have wept, I have shouted and sang praises to God. Every man and woman in a relationship, contemplating a relationship, thinking they never want to be in an! other relationship, MUST READ THIS BOOK!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An AWESOME book!, 12 April 1999
This review is from: The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord (Hardcover)
Once again, Bishop Jakes has spent time talking with God and relaying it as only he can and in such a way that all can relate and understand. This books looks into the hearts and soul of many women, including myself. Healing is what it's all about...learning how to get beyond and to really be free from those things that hinder us from going forth in this world. Bishop shows us how to balance our lives and achieve this inner peace that we all long for.
I am not married but this book showed me how we as women should treat our husbands. At this point in my life, God is my husband and my Lord. I have learned how to worship and adore God as I would the mate that he will bring into my life. That book is an encouragement in itself in that Bishop Jakes tells us that we can have it all spiritually and emotionally.
I recommend this book to any woman who has a desire to grow and to really know what it means to be whole. I would also encourage all women to attend the Woman, Thou Art Loosed seminar in July. Last year it was breathtaking. This book really follows behind that whole seminar. I thank God for using Bishop Jakes in such a way. Bishop really has a deep compassion for women and for that I am thankful.
Keep up the good work Bishop!

3.0 out of 5 stars two-thirds good, 31 Aug. 2014
M. Gama - See all my reviews

The last two-thirds of the book were better. When he gave advice under the "her Lover" part of the book, i found the advice practical and it rang true.
All in all, I didnt enjoy his manner of expression but the message (which is the most important part) is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever Read, 14 Feb. 2005
By A Customer
When I started reading this book, I was very heart broken, I had not too long come out of a 7 year reletaionship, and was still hurting like mad. Once I read this I was starting to feel that I was not alone I kept wanted to get my ex-partner back but the Lord had other plans for me. I have learnt to love myself, and love the Lord even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat and pretty much 100% brand new, 29 April 2015
This book met my expectations. Neat and pretty much 100% brand new. Only issue I had was with the prolonged time it took for shipping. But on the plus side they had great costumer service !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read again book., 24 Aug. 1999
This review is from: The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord (Hardcover)
This book was excellent it answered my questions and helped me tremendously. I loaned it to someone and they moved and didn't return it I'm going to get another one and buy one for a woman here at work, who I have been ministering to about God, she isn't saved, but she would love it. I'm going to read it again and just meditate on it. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, inspiring, and helpful to me.., 19 Aug. 1999
This review is from: The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord (Hardcover)
I read the book in about 2 1/2 days it pulled me in and I couldn't put it down! I now want to read every book ever writen by TD Jakes!! You have to read this book! It is the best book I have read in years except for the bible of course! READ IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't you like to live happily ever after?, 28 July 1998
This review is from: The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord (Hardcover)
I was an hour early for an appointment and decided to detour into my local Christian bookstore when Bishop T.D. Jakes latest book caught my eye. I quickly found a place to sit and immediately began to fall in love with me!!!
T.D. Jakes is that way. With a special annointing on his life he seems always to coddle and challenge simultaneously. During the first ten pages of "The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord" it dawned on me that I'd been searching for my husband, ---well, --wrong.
Where was Jakes during my younger years? Why was this book not published before I turned 40 and still single and searching?
My heart stopped while reading this book! My world stopped! Bishop Jakes writes, "The woman who does not love herself becomes so thirsty for love that she rushes into love half-dressed and ill prepared." (I wanted to shout outloud right there in the middle of the bookstore, --how does he know me?)
Jakes continues, "She will ! always love too quickly, hold too tightly, and more often than not, lose too quickly, -the one that she has aspired to grasp." (--he really does know ME! I have ALWAYS jumped in head first, always fallen too fast, and ALWAYS LOST!!)
But T.D. Jakes encourages, "There is a cure for the compulsive woman who loves too easily and then grieves for years over bad choices and denied gratification. If she relates well with herself and has a strong sense of self-worth, she can easily share her life with another person. She will not be prone to be bitter, defensive or frantic, for she has a calm rhythym that keeps her in sync with her goals and in tune with those around her. (Ohhhh!!! The sweetness of his words!)
And the final verses that make my heart sing and affirms my dream of living happily ever after with my husband..., "Her life becomes a melody line that is captivating and pleasant to a mans ears. When he sees her, he wants to harmonize. If she choos! es, it is a duet with balance and purpose."
T.D. Jak! es is prolific and profound. He leaves no stone unturned and provides much food for thought, prayer and a courageous walk of faith regardless of a womans marital status.
Living happily ever after may not be the best way to describe Bishop Jakes latest book, but the annointing of God is so evident upon it. It is obvious that this book has been borne out of feet shod in the gospel, grounded in marriage and I dare to say "inspired" by God.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Guiding Hand, 23 Aug. 2003
I found this book whist looking for some Gospel music. I came across a cd by T.D.Jales and his book was also recomended. I enjoy reading and had recently started to attend my local church and felt a sudden attraction to it. I read this book without the desire to ever put it down.Every spare moment, I would race to find my book, it it was not next to me wherever I went. It also helped me understand sermons that I attended in church. Als, I was so touched by the words of God that reached right out to me through T.D.Jakes, I bought another two of his books, and still had the same feeling and desire for more. I would strongly recomend this and any other of his books to anyone who is with or without faith in our father.

5.0 out of 5 stars the lady, her lover and her Lord, 13 May 2014
I love the book It has really blessed me Alot.. Thanks papa
God richly bless you your ministry and your family..

The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord
The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord by T. D. Jakes (Hardcover - Jun. 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01