5.0 out of 5 stars Totally engrossing! Couldn't put it down!
Published on 28 July 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars How can this be your favorite book?
I found this book because is is linked to Finney's Time and Again, a book which is delightful, and after I read all your glowing reviews, I couldn't wait for The Mirror! What a disappointment. Are we all talking about the same book? The plot is shallow, the character's have no depth, there are unexplained twists. What a disappointment.
Published on 29 Sep 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally engrossing! Couldn't put it down!, 28 July 1998
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
I have read "The Mirror" many times, and each time I find something new to engage my mind. I love the character of Thora K.; her dialect makes me smile. I guess I identify with Shay-- I wouldn't know how to fire up a stove or air out a bedpan, either. I loaned my copy to a friend and now am ordering the paperback so my daughter can read it. I share it with everyone I love! Anyone who loves this book should read "Time and Again" by Jack Finney. A marvelous story, very well written, and the characters will stay with you after you finish the book. Try it! (But stay away from the sequel-- it was a dog.)

4.0 out of 5 stars Upon Reflection - an intriguing read., 9 Jun 2006
Mr. John Frank Herbert (Greenwich, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
A granddaughter swapping places with her grandmother and vice versa, opens up some interesting and differing viewpoints from two people suddenly thrown from 1900 to 1978 and back.

The problems encountered by both lost souls are interestingly probed but their new every day lives continue as if no swap had occurred.

A clever idea and a time-travel triumph!

5.0 out of 5 stars The impossible can always become the possible., 4 Jan 1998
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
I read this book when it was first published, loaned it to a friend who accidently misplaced it. Together, we have been searching for this book for 7 years - me to be able to reread and replace it, her so that she could finish it. "The Mirror" is one of the most intriguing novels that I have ever read. You want the granddaughter to make the correct choices, but you also don't want to lose her to the past. As movie reviewers are often wont to say, I was on the edge of my seat. Thank you for bringing this book "back to life." My long search through libraries and bookstores is finally over.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite book of all time!, 10 Jun 1998
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
I read this book years ago and shared it with every sister and reading friend,it became their favorite book too.This story captures your interest immediately and never loosens it's grasp on your imagination. One would easily jump into this book and become the characters,it is so well written. Do yourself a favor, buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally engrossing! Couldn't put it down!, 28 July 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all-time favourites!, 12 July 1998
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
I bought this book years ago and was fascinated by the fascinating storyline. I picked it up again recently and the tale was just as interesting, just as fresh as the first time I had read it. I would have loved a sequel. It is particularly interesting to go back through the first part while reading the second to see what both Shay and her grandmother are doing at the same moment. It is also interesting to see how a person's time in which they live shape their lives and personality. a truely timeless tale!

5.0 out of 5 stars Time travel, and a twist of fate......, 13 Dec 1997
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
If you've ever wondered and even wished you could live in the "good ole' days" then you will love the mirror that Shay Garrett went through in time, while her grandmother comes forward in her place, both completely out of their enviroment, both making it work, and learning about themselves and each other in ways they never could have otherwise. Very well written, I couldn't put it down, and I never gave it back to my sister!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who could possibly not love this fantastic yarn!, 22 April 1998
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
This has to be one of the best books I've ever read, and I read incessantly! The characterization is excellent, as is the story line. I hated for the book to end. I'd enjoy hearing from other readers who loved this book. For those who felt as I did, you might also try Time And Again by Jack Finney. - Jackie Tortorella

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MIRROR IS ABSOLUTELY THE BEST BOOK, EVER!!!!, 26 Mar 1998
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
I have read the book at least a dozen times. And everybody that I've loaned the book to has also loved it almost as much as I have. One friend that I had loaned the book to had to argue with another family member just to get the book back because everyone LOVED it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book to read and re-read, 9 Dec 1998
This review is from: The Mirror (Paperback)
I read this book many years ago and always checked it out of the library once or twice every few years. Recently, at the library's book sale, they had a copy on the tables for only 50 cents which I picked up immediately. I love this book! It is romantic and funny and endearing. The characters keep your attention and anyone who enjoys time travel fiction will enjoy this book.

The Mirror
The Mirror by Marlys Millhiser (Hardcover - Jan 1979)
Used & New from: £27.36