5.0 out of 5 stars A book for all ages
I bought this book long before I had kids, because I loved the illustrations that seemed to jump off the page.
The story is cute and imaginative and always makes me smile inside and out. Now that I have kids it has become one of their favorite "comfort books" for rainy days.
Published on 3 Jan. 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Stunning picture book
Tuesday is a beautiful book but if you're buying it for a young child the story might be a bit lost on them. I looked at this book with my class of 5yr olds and although some of them loved it, many of them found it difficult to concentrate without being read to - I loved it though, and perhaps older children would appreciate it more.

The illustrations are...
Published 21 months ago by Alexandra Frances Whittaker

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for all ages, 3 Jan. 2002
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars pure excellence, 12 April 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Tuesday (Paperback)
this book is not only for children... it brings out the imagination in all. the single greatest book i have ever picked up is "tuesday" simply because without text it leaves the reader to make up the story as they turn the pages. instead of reading words and generating pictures in the mind the reader can generate a whole story around the pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuesday's Countdown: 7:58 p.m., 7:59 p.m., 8:00 p.m. Arise!, 11 May 2004
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Tuesday is the most imaginative picture book that I have ever seen. It is a wordless fantasy of people, animals, and plants that allows you to supply your own story. As such, it will provide endless opportunities for you and your child to entertain one another. What really is going on? What does it mean? What will happen next Tuesday?
The book is illustrated very much like a graphic novel (a series of comic books bound together in softcover form, if you haven't seen one) but without words. The book does have a few indicators of time and day of the week, that provide the minimal connection to reality needed to launch the story into space.
The images here are very whimsical. Frogs fly on lily pads in formation like the Blue Angels, and create lots of unexpected fun. The book is most interesting when you see what happens on the second Tuesday. How about the third? You'll have to use your imagination for that one.
This book deserves its Caldecott Medal for outstanding illustrations. In no other book that I can think of do the illustrations carry the story. The book uses vibrant colors, done in a low-key way. Stylistically, it is a take-off on the science fiction and super hero genres in pictures.
You will be laughing out loud when you see what the frogs are up to. You will also enjoy the visual puns on textless pages.
Where else can pictures tell the story? Have you ever engaged in pantomimes, shadow puppets, or charades with your child? If you haven't, this would be a good time to introduce those enjoyable games.
Imagination can take you anywhere you want!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviews from my Year 4 class, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Tuesday (Paperback)
I have been reading Tuesday with my Year 4 class who have written reviews of the book. Here are some of the things they had to say.

Every time you turn the page, your eyes are fixed to the page. Kellie
What I like is that the pictures are very exciting and when I read it, it takes me to a different world. Blain
It is a magical story about flying frogs who have a big secret and I would recommend this book 10 out of 10. Katie
This is a page-turning wonder, a magical journey through a Tuesday night when frogs fly and get up to mischief. Alex
At first I thought, oh, but then I thought it was amazing. Alezah
When I read this amazing book it really brings out my imagination. Brandon
It was really funny and when I had finished it I wanted more. Sian
When I got half way through I wanted to read more and more. You just want to carry on - it's dazzling. Madi
As soon as I opened the book I was engaged with laughter and exitement. It's an eye-popping book. Kobi
This book is good because every time you look at the book you see different things. Bradley
Page by page my eyes were fixed to the book. I would recommend this book to everyone. Hannah
It was magical - I couldn't take my eyes off the book. The ending is really cool but I don't want to give it away. Sydney

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for year 5 English lessons, 15 April 2009
K. Middleton (Durham) - See all my reviews
What a surprise this book was!
To follow Hamilton Trust year 5 planning for a formal police report you need it and so I ordered it. It is now my favourite children's book ever! After two weeks they produced fantastic writing as it really caught all of our imaginations. Every time we looked we spotted something else that delighted us.The joy is in the detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great to develop the imagination., 26 Nov. 2008
This review is from: Tuesday (Paperback)
When I opened this book for the first time I felt myself wanting to ask question after question. This book opens up the mind of the reader and the illustration build a tale.
This book is great to read with children of all ages. It opens up a wealth of questions which can only be explained through illustrations and imagination. It also is great to use as a stimulus for writing - children writing their own Tuesday or writing about next Tuesday.
Children always come back to this book again and again and when you read it yourself you will see why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuesday is no ordinary day!, 5 July 2001
Rebecca Brown "rebeccasreads" (Clallam Bay, WA United States) - See all my reviews
One Tuesday evening by the light of the rising moon, a turtle on a log watches the sky because the frog are going to fly!
See the fish gaping out from the water, the lilies in the swamp & the big fat frogs on their magic lily pads as the moon lightens the nighttime world.
Behold the birds of the air fly squawking away as the frogs dive & swoop; behold the sleeping homes of humans way down below; see the lone midnight snacker in his kitchen not daring to look out his window.
See, see - do you see dawn's early light & the frogs hurrying home, dropping their magic carpets on the highway where policemen, police dogs & detectives will ponder on a strange litter of lily pads. Do you know who's going to fly next Tuesday?
I love a David Wiesner book - his pictures are filled with dramatic perspectives & improbabe, hilariously exciting, speculations! If you have not seen Tuesday I urge you to go find it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 25 Aug. 2010
Reflection Haiku "Lily Wang, Author" (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tuesday (Paperback)
Many great things can be communicated without words and this book is an utter proof. Lotus and frogs have been spiritual symbols in Eastern culture and Haiku tradition(Basho: At the ancient pond/A frog jumps into/ The sound of water) and they have taken central stage in this magical and good-humored book. I was excited to share this book with my children and it turned out they alredy read it and had much to say about this book. "We love TUESDAY! First the frogs are flying. Then the pigs start flying." My son quickly went to his favorite part where the dog chased one frog and ran away when he saw a whole army of frogs coming. He made special sound effects, laughed out loud with his sister and ended up doing his book report on it. TUESDAY is a book that will give inspirations to readers of all ages; a fantastic book that you can't miss!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a hit!, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Tuesday (Paperback)
I bought this for my 5year old on the recommendation of a teacher-friend. I was a little wary at first as I wondered whether 'reading' a book with virtually no words in it would have limited appeal but I couldn't have been more wrong. The story really comes to life through yours and your child's interpretation of its illustrations. I am absolutely amazed at how much enjoyment this book has given my daughter based solely on her interpretation of the engaging illustrations of the adventures of the frogs on their 'magic flying lily pads.' It is such a delight to see her rock with laughter as she tells me the frogs have tied table cloths round their necks so they can pretend to be 'super heros' and that the frog with his hands out-stretched wearing a devilish grin on his face is about to push the birds off the telephone wires.

I am truly impressed. I think this is a wonderful book, absolutely fantastic for developing young imaginations, helping children to make interpretations about what they see and for developing a good eye for detail. I am now searching Amazon for similar books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuesday - wordless book, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Tuesday (Paperback)
This is a beautiful wordless book about some magic that happens one Tuesday night - the sleeping toads/frogs? start to float into the sky. The book explores the adventures they get up to that night, until finally the sun comes up and the magic stops. I used this in a Key stage 1 class but could easily be used in Early Years or Key stage 2. My class LOVED it, really useful for all sorts of literacy activities but great just to share too.

Tuesday
Tuesday by David Wiesner (Paperback - 14 Jan. 1998)
Used & New from: £3.21