4.0 out of 5 stars Bit hard language for younger kids., 1 Feb 2010
This review is from: How the Stars Fell into the Sky: A Navajo Legend (Sandpiper Houghton Mifflin Books) (Paperback)
I enjoyed this story! My 6 year old has gotten very interested in mythology lately, so I wanted to expand her knowledge outside of just Greek and Roman myths.

This book was a bit of a tough read though for younger readers, I found myself simplifying it, making it more to their level.

THAT said! For older readers it was nice to read a different culture's myth about the stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Bedtime Story, 25 Jun 2009
-Mrs Gillian M. Scott "legal bookworm" (West Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
Absolutely wonderful childrens story about Coyote and how he contributed to the pattern of stars in the night sky.

Wonderful retelling of the story my children loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story, 1 April 2012
Beautiful story, beautifully and simply illustrated. The navaho story of the creation. My daughter was captivated by it.... what more can I say?