5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book....and what a wonderful author, 15 July 1998
By A Customer
We received this book as a birthday gift, and what a gift it has been! The prose is so melodic you can almost sing it as you read. You can use so much inflection which makes the story even more fun! We immediately bought Smokey by Bill Peet for our little train lover as well! Highly recommend these books for kids as well as the adults who read them!

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasured rhyme about a little caboose, 24 April 1997
By A Customer
We stumbled across this book on our treks to the library with our two year old son. This is one we have to get out EVERY time (along with Josephine and Jennifer, by the same author), if it is available -- and it is a big disappointment if it's not. The author uses a very clever, unforced rhyme throughout the book, that seems to have the rhythm of the train itself. Caty the Caboose has her own personality, and lives in my son's play life (he talks about her alot), even weeks from his most recent "reading." Now that we have discovered where to get the book, we are buying it, for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 9 Aug. 2008
My grandson, aged 3, adores this book. He loves the story about Caty Caboose and her life on the track, and follows the pictures intensely as we read the story together. Everything about this book makes it a pleasure to read, including the rythmn of the writing, the pictures, the characters and storyline. At first I thought the American wording might make the book difficult to understand but I was wrong. It's a firm favourite.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful message in a captivating story, 14 July 2013
Mr. Paul Gray - See all my reviews
This review is from: Caboose Who Got Loose, The (Sandpiper S.) (Paperback)
This was one of my favourite books as a kid and I remember my Dad reading it to me many times. I loved the story of Katy the Caboose and her journeys across the countryside where excitement and danger and adventure seemed never far away. Now I read it to my own kids and it's the important message the book shares - that we should appreciate what we have - that I value most. It's great to see my own kids enjoy it as much as I do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh what a fun book!, 3 Jan. 1998
By A Customer
I read my son lots of books and this is by far the best! The wording is fantastic! I never skip a page :-) when I read this book and the pictures are fantastic!!!

Caboose Who Got Loose, The (Sandpiper S.)
Caboose Who Got Loose, The (Sandpiper S.) by Bill Peet (Paperback - 19 Feb. 1980)