5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best version of this I've seen
I bought this version of 'The Night Before Christmas' three years ago, and since then it has become a family favourite, read without fail every Christmas Eve and many other times throughout December.
I chose to write this review now as I noticed some of the comments left by other reviewers and felt I had to comment (as to why I'm writing in March, I...
Published on 14 Mar 2006 by missmouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Small book
Was really disappointed when I receved this book because it is tiny! It doesn't state anywhere the actual size of the book and since it does state "hardback" I assumed it would be a normal sized book. Its not. Also, most of the illustrations are black and white so not a book my 3 year old will find that enchanting.
Published on 20 Oct 2010 by K. Harris

‹ Previous | 1 2 359 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night Before Christmas, 9 Feb 2009
This review is from: NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (Paperback)
I bought this book for my 1yr old & 2yr old as I wanted to start getting my girls into the Christmas joy. Every night I would read it to them just before bed & they both sat engrossed (this does not happen often).

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a beautiful book!, 26 Nov 2005
Nicola (Milton Keynes, Bucks) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Daughter (who is 18 months) as I wanted to introduce her to Father Christmas.
It is a time-honoured classic and the illustrations are really beautiful - I think I appreciate them much more than she does at the moment!
A really lovely book to buy and keep for now and the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous, 16 Dec 2010
Fabulous poem to introduce father christmas to my 3year old son. We will make it a tradition to read the poem every xmas eve. Beautiful illustrations taken from a variety of artists who have depicted father christmas since the writing of this poem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, really pretty drawings, 9 Jan 2009
This review is from: NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (Paperback)
I have a few different "`Twas the night before christmas" books, and this, despite the fact that its a paperback, is the prettiest one. The drawings are colourful, pretty and very christmassy.
There`s really not so much to say about the story, you all know the old poem...

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night Before Christmas, 15 Dec 2009
Amazon Customer (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I read a different edition of this book to my children every Christmas and now it is the turn of my grandchild to hear the story! This edition has the nearest illustrations to my original copy and I'm sure it will be enjoyed as much - a tradition I'm glad to uphold!

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a shame that you only read it at Christmas, 17 July 2009
A. J. Parkes "sekrapa" (Dudley, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Night Before Christmas (Picturebacks) (Paperback)
A great book for all ages. The story is enchanting and the pictures are nicely illustrated to the words. No matter who you are, this story and book are a must for any collection. It is a shame that it can't be read every week, but then again, it would take the magic out of telling it at Christmas time. The only criticism is that the drawings look a little dark, so don't turn the lights too low otherwise you will not make out the finer details.

Overall, great books at a great price, and highly recommended for children and adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 8 Nov 2011
M. Gorman "missy marie" (ireland) - See all my reviews
just such a lovely book,really fab pictures,wanted to read it to my daughter the evening I got it but it was Oct so I just read it to myself until December comes along-Can't wait

5.0 out of 5 stars the illustrations are amazing, 23 July 2007
dont listen to the negative review over the illustrations they are magical. i dont know about them not being bright enough, but they are atmospheric and succulent. wonderful wonderful wonderful. I have two copies of the book it is that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Going back to childhood, 22 Mar 2011
What a fantastic story. I bought a copy for my friends 2 girls & a copy for me. I sat there on Christmas Eve like a big kid & read it. There I was transported back to 1960, The house & Tree decorated to perfection by my mum, the smell of christmas cake & mince pies cooking. My sister & I too excited to sleep & then Father Christmas creeping into the house to deliver all the gifts, reindeer on the roof tops, the snow, It was purely magical & the illustrations fantastic. I felt 5 years old again. Worth every penny for the memories.

3.0 out of 5 stars Small book, 20 Oct 2010
K. Harris - See all my reviews

‹ Previous | 1 2 359 | Next ›

Night Before Christmas (Picturebacks)
Night Before Christmas (Picturebacks) by Clement C. Moore (Paperback - 19 Jun 1980)
3.33