4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting classic worth revisiting
This is one of those books which society and culture have overlooked for a while. Very tricky subject matter for Americans to engage with so I don't suppose that they have been keen to export it. Being black and alienated because you are not quite black enough is an odd topic. The narrative is very sharply written, brisk and well described.
Published 19 months ago by J. Sweetman

3.0 out of 5 stars I quite enjoyed it, although it is fairly heavy going
I quite enjoyed it, although it is fairly heavy going. I think perhaps I have over-dosed on this genre at the moment.
Published 29 days ago by Guildenboy

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting classic worth revisiting, 1 Sept. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition, 14 Sept. 2013
Magnificent work, rightly named in 100 best twentieth century novels lists.

This Kindle edition is slightly marred for me by the numerous misprints ('be' for 'he' just one typical example)in this Random House edition; in this respect it compares poorly with several of the free Project Gutenberg books I have downloaded. Poor show Random House.

Faulkner's style takes a little getting used to: his overuse of the words 'myriad' (employed both as a noun and adjective) and 'threatful' is a minor irritation. However,having just discovered Faulkner,it certainly made me realise what a craftsman he was and I certainly intend to read others.

3.0 out of 5 stars I quite enjoyed it, although it is fairly heavy going, 27 Feb. 2015

Light in August: The Corrected Text
Light in August: The Corrected Text by William Faulkner (Paperback - 1 Mar. 1987)
Used & New from: £0.03