5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book!!, 31 July 1999
This review is from: Circles on the Water (Paperback)
I truly love this book. It includes a fine sampling of Ms. Piercy's work. There are love poems, feminist poems, poems about animals and vegetables and living at the Cape. I bought the book about 15 years ago and I continue to read these poems. Each time I do I get something new. A must-have for anyone who loves poetry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Close Encounters of the Thought-Provoking Kind, 6 Jan 1998
This review is from: Circles on the Water (Paperback)
Once, maybe twice, in a lifetime is such a soul as Marge Piercy found. I was inching through the Poetry section of a local bookstore, head tilted to read all the titles, when I paused and rubbed out a cramp in my neck. I stood before a book taller than those on either side. I scanned the cover- plain, yet appealing- opened to a random page, and began reading. After the third poem, a powerful piece centered around rape, I decided to buy it. A few quarters jingled in an otherwise empty pocket. Fine, if I were only paying the sales tax! I wasn't able to return for three months. It was gone. Now I find that it is out of stock. No tears are shed, but the sadness remains. Piercy is one of the finest poets of the 20th century. I'll be looking for future works, and keep larger sums of cash(or credit) in my wallet.

5.0 out of 5 stars a favorite, 5 Aug 1997
This review is from: Circles on the Water (Paperback)
I love Marge Piercy's poems and this book is the best collection I know. Her clear thinking, uncompromising feminism, her brassy humor, and her hopeful insight have been a delight that I return to again and again.

Circles on the Water
Circles on the Water by Marge Piercy (Paperback - May 1982)
13.53