5.0 out of 5 stars At last a way forward!
This book is a revelation to those of us who have lived with the effects of trauma without realising its true impact. Using this highly practical and sensitively written book I have managed to write my own recovery plan and after many years of emotional and physical pain, at last feel empowered to move forward.
The puzzle of what happens to the body when trauma takes...
Published on 11 Mar 2010 by alison Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery
This was an easy to read, accessible book which gives information and advice without telling the reader what will work for them. Case studies give good examples and as a counsellor working with a variety of ages and issues, I think that it could be a useful tool when working with trauma survivors.
Published on 18 Oct 2011 by Mrs H

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a way forward!, 11 Mar 2010
alison Cooper (Galloway, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery: Take-charge Strategies to Empower Your Healing (Paperback)
The puzzle of what happens to the body when trauma takes charge and the lasting and devastating effects of unresolved trauma are explained beautifully in this truly life-changing book.
The author is to be congratulated for finding a way through the complexity of trauma and putting down on paper the possibility of a way out of the maze.
I heartily recommend this to any reader who has tried in vain to live well with the after-effects of trauma and to all relevant professionals and friends who could use a wise and expert guide to help them understand the problems post-traumatic stress can generate.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Safest Keys to Trauma Recovery, 10 April 2010
This book is an excellent, highly accessible resource for anyone who has experienced and suffered trauma. I felt a huge sense of relief just holding the book in my hands and after reading the first few pages knew that someone understood the complexities of healing from trauma! If only I had been more aware and had been taught early on in my trauma recovery to trust my own high level of intuitive feelings and common sense; had listened to my body sensations and seen those "stop" signs more clearly, I could have helped myself recover from trauma so much earlier. Instead I trusted some unhelpful "professionals" rather than trusting myself and endured more suffering and trauma as a result. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is seeking help to recover from trauma and who wants to feel in-charge and empowered by their healing journey from trauma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this magic and positive book, 17 May 2010
Cl Matcham - See all my reviews
I want to say that while trauma itself can be very confusing I found the writing in this book transparently clear. I experienced that clarity as pleasurably reassuring and an aid to helpful learning.
The authors' tone came over to me as firm, calm, kindly and respectful. And that is healing in itself.
The structure of this book seems to me to develop organically and to touch on many, many aspects of trauma with sensible, authentic, experienced advice. And some of that advice challenges assumptions about the treatment of trauma.
I once heard a surgeon say of a new type of medical prosthesis that "it is easy to design something complicated but not something simple. I think this book has the elegance of the simple and I would have loved to have it when I first developed PTS. A very well done to Babette.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 19 April 2010
If you only ever buy one trauma recovery book, make it this one! This book has changed my life. For the first time I feel safe, present and confident that - with these 8 strategies - I can direct my own healing. I wholeheartedly recommend 'The 8 Keys' to anyone affected by / working with trauma.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 27 Nov 2010
Cautious (Greenwich ,London) - See all my reviews
Great to have a book designed for people who have experienced trauma and useful for those working with Post Traumatic Stress. Babette writes clearly and straightforwardly to help people to better manage their body's arousal system, which can go 'out of kilter' post trauma, and take back control. A useful and empowering book. Highly recommended, along with her other books on this subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars 8 keys to safe trauma recovery, 15 Oct 2010
This is a great book that was recomended to me by my psychologist.
EMDR was new to me, but the book has helped along with the EMDR work I am receiving at the moment. The book is broken down into managable chapters with case studies included that help to illustrate the methods the authour advocates. I feel that after years of suffering from PTSD this book has really helped me to begin to start dealing with trauma.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!., 27 Jun 2011
Another fantastic informative read from Babette Rothschild. It encompasses both simplicity and common sense. This is one of the best informative/self help books around for anybody who has experienced or is going through trauma in their lives. It will bring you step by step through the 8 key factors she recognises essential to ensure safe trauma recovery. I cannot praise or recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and effective, 5 Sep 2010
L. Winn - See all my reviews
I use this book with patients and veterans' groups. I have participated in Babette's workshops in past. She offers wisdom and hope to trauma sufferers. She acknowledges that some keys may not suit every person. She empowers people to choose their way through to healing.

3.0 out of 5 stars 8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery, 18 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful and clear, 3 Mar 2014
Ms. Rachel Lovell "Gift Giver" (Scotland UK) - See all my reviews
I found this book to be very helpful and clear in describing what can be a complex area of counselling. Practical and down to earth. I would reccommend it for anyone working in trauma counselling and anyone who has experienced trauma and needs therapy.

8 Keys to Safe Trauma Recovery: Take-charge Strategies to Empower Your Healing