5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - a must for every therapist
I have learnt so much from this book that has enhanced myself as a counsellor and my practice.

Published on 28 Nov 2011 by Kim Sharon

2.0 out of 5 stars Great neuroscience content but not engaging!
Published on 28 Feb 2012 by S. Robson

2.0 out of 5 stars Great neuroscience content but not engaging!, 28 Feb 2012
S. Robson (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mindful Brain in Human Development: Reflection and Attunement in the Cultivation of Well-being (Hardcover)
I became interested in this book when listening to one of the excellent brainscience.com podcasts hosted by Dr Ginger Campbell. Daniel Siegal was a guest and gave a great account of contemporary neuroscience and how this is now being reflected in clinical practice. Sadly after buying this book I found the author's writing style to be not at all engaging. His writing style was often unclear and confusing. He laboured over many themes causing me to lose the point he was trying to make. This was often done by what felt like an almost endless insistence on creating or inventing acronyms. I spent much time having to flick backwards through pages to find the definition of what each acronym mentioned actually stood for. Unfortunately from my own perspective Daniel Siegal's writing style was not at all like his podcast interview.

I'm genuinely sad to say that after four attempts at returning to this book over the course of a couple of months it failed to gain my interest and I could not finish it. After listening to Daniel Siegal speak I think this book lets him down. He is a knowledgeable engaging speaker but this just does not come across in print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - a must for every therapist, 28 Nov 2011

Daneil Siegel takes you throught the complexities of neuroscience in a practical and easy to understand way using examples from his own practice. It contains so many tools and techniques it is positively bursting with ideas and approaches to a whole variety of issues.

A must have for every therapist

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 17 July 2014
I loved this book... absolutely fascinating. I struggle to articulate just how much so. Recommended to everyone.