Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 March 2013
This book was recommended to me by a friend as money has created a lot of conflict and problems in my family. To be honest, I was very, very sceptical - the title sounded just a little too New Age and quick-fix for me. I changed my mind very quickly, though. While the book states the obvious about our society, the way we behave around money and with our money, the author cites so many examples that, while reading, you can't help but become aware (IF you're reading with full awareness of your own actions and behaviours) of your own relationship with money. There are many cynics who give bad reviews simply because a book has one too many clichés, or states the banal and obvious, but it seems to me that while we may know the theory, we don't always apply it in our own lives. The author writes openly and frankly, and describes the many ways in which money can be used for both good and bad. But it's not just about spending or giving money, but also about the HOW and WHY of our spending or giving. There is the example of the Chief Executive of a large company who writes a ¢50,000 cheque for charity as a PR exercise to try and boost the company's image. The charity should be grateful and accept the money, right? No. It's guilt money. The executive doesn't give a hoot about the people or projects at the receiving end, it's about appeasing his customers so he won't lose them. In this book the author focuses a lot on the WHY, the motivation behind spending and giving. I would absolutely recommend this book to refresh your thinking, your behaviour and your relationship with the world (not just with money, money is just an instrument, it's not the be-all and end-all). To understand the importance of your own personal motivation, your own WHY I would also recommend Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action. If you're a cynic, and think you have all the answers, then don't buy this book. If you're looking for growth and personal development, and want to read something that raises questions and makes you think, then buy this book.
on 7 January 2016
A beautifully written book, from a woman who so obviously practices what she preaches. This is not just a book for those who have money but also for those who don't. It guides you to a place where we can all believe that enough is enough. When we stop worrying and allow money to flow to it's highest good then the flow will refresh and continue to self perpetuate. I will read excerpts of this book whenever I panic that I don't have sufficient.
on 24 December 2015
This book drives the point home that we brought nothing into this world and will certainly take nothing out of it. Money should therefore be a tool in our hands to make a positive impact on humanity while we live. The love of it is the way not to enjoy it. Willingness to spend money on good causes has the tendency to make more money gravitate towards us and provide us the platform to find fulfillment in what we do.SUCCESS MINDSET: The book that removes the scale from your eyes so you can see the solutions to those problems confronting you now.SUCCESS MINDSET: The book that removes the scale from your eyes so you can see the solutions to those problems confronting you now.
on 28 March 2015
Love this book. Everyone has to read this about our relationship to money. The law of enough and sufficiency. The mother Theresa story at the beginning blew me away.
on 6 March 2011
This book is a must have addition to any self-help library, especially if you struggle with your views on money. Lynne Twist's transformational views on money are for everyone...if you have none or if you have tonnes...this book is for you. It will help you to reconnect with the things in life that are most important and think creatively about how you can utilize what you do have to make your life and the world a better place. Her stories vividly illustrate the message and bring principles to life.
on 9 May 2016
Recommended by a spiritual friend, somehow I was ready to read this on vacation. Transformational and Inspirational. Particularly interesting for me is the concept of "sufficient" and moving way from the negative cycle of "not enough, more is better, that's just the way it is"
on 25 July 2014
Very interesting book about people's relationship with money and how you can change your views of it. It is also an interesting look at charity.
on 7 August 2015
I preferred this book to Jacob Needleman Lynne's concept of sufficiency being the route to contentment was very illuminating for me.
on 24 October 2015
It is a good book, I certainly don't regret reading it, but it was a little repetitive.
on 25 October 2010
This is an inspiring and a ground breaking book aimed at changing our thoughts, attitude and relationship with money. I will recommend the ideas in the book to anyone that is interested in making the world a better place. I will found it inspiring and enlightening.