4.0 out of 5 stars Wow
The tales are very very short but intense, in my opinion you will appreciate the contrast of beginnings and endings of each tale
Published 11 months ago by Italo Perazzoli

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad - no. Excellent - definitely not.
Published on 15 Oct 2008 by Big Bry

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 27 April 2013
Italo Perazzoli (Ripatransone - Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast, Fun, & Furiously Inventive: 75 gem-like tales!, 15 Aug 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories (Paperback)
Every practicing artist knows that limitations can be inspiring, and the 75 artists gathered here offer an inspirational look at what can be done in the smallest of spaces. From Spencer Holst's perfect "Brilliant Silence", which opens the collection, through such masterworks as Allan Gurganus's funny-yet-wrenching "A Public Denial" & Bernard Cooper's enigmatic "The Hurricane Ride", to ending with Larry Fondation's eerie "Deportation at Breakfast", there isn't a runt in the litter. Frequently provocative, at times hilarious, and always satisfying, you simply won't get more bang for your book dollar than this anthology. Would-be practitioners of fiction take note: here's all the textbook you'll need. It's got it all: instruction AND delight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ditte, 12 Dec 2013
Jones "Jones" (Wales, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories (Paperback)
All I can say at this point in time, is that this book has been recommend to me by teacher "Writing for Fun", to learn from other authors of writing short stories. Some of the stories are unbelievable short.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read with some great stories, 25 Sep 2013
Miss Diane Corriette "Diane" (Luton, Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories (Paperback)
My daughter was told to read this book as part of her university study and as I am beginning my journey into writing flash fiction myself it seemed a great place to start reading. I loved the majority of these stories and they are definitely worth a read if you have just started reading flash fiction or you want some great examples of how to write entertaining flashes of fiction.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad - no. Excellent - definitely not., 15 Oct 2008
Big Bry "Big Bry" (Peterborough United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories (Paperback)
How do you work out exactly how many stars to give a book? The minimum allowed is one, so I assume that if I think a book is absolutely awful then I give it one star, because I cannot give it zero. It follows that if the book is tremendous in my eyes then it warrants the five star treatment. This leaves two, three and four. So - I will call two stars 'Fair', three stars 'Good' and four stars 'Very Good'.

With the above in mind, if I am being totally honest with myself, I can award this book three stars because it is in my opinion good - on the whole. You see, some of the stories were excellent and some were good but I have to wonder what on earth the compilers were thinking of when they added some of them. There are a few here that a primary school pupil would have rejected!!

If you like very short stories then the book will be a good buy, as long as you don't expect every story to be wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still in print! They're doing something right!, 30 Jun 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories (Paperback)
Bought this book at City Lights in 1992. Finished it that night on a flight to Las Vegas.
I liked 90% of the stories.
Re-read them yesterday with the same result.
Each is about a page and a half. If you don't a story, you haven't lost much of an investment of time, concentration, or movement of lips as you read silently.
Fiction with all of the fat trimmed away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for the imagination, 14 Feb 2009
Steven Unwin "Steve Unwin" (Preston, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories (Paperback)
This book is a way to glimpse a little of the unusual and unexpected. In just over 200 pages it presents over 70 very short stories by different authors. The styles and subjects very greatly, yet each fits into no more than a couple of pages and each has the potential to spark a new thought, or send you off in anew direction.

As Goethe said `One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.'

This books offers over seventy leaps of the imagination. Who could reasonably ask for more.

ARRAY(0xb51df678)

Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories
Flash Fiction: Very Short Stories by James Thomas (Paperback - 1 Oct 1992)
10.69