4.0 out of 5 stars A good book for beginners to graphics, 24 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Computer Graphics: Programming Fun (with CD-ROM) (Paperback)
I found this to be a really neat book for anyone wanting an exposure to graphics. It gives a high level view of the subject without getting into too much of the math details that tend to bog other books. A comprehensive bibliography points the reader in the direction of further learning.
The organization of the book with chapters focussing on modelling, animation and rendering take the users on a tour of graphics without losing sight of the "big picture." Although I did not try the accompanying CD, I am sure trying it with the suggested projects that are interspersed throughtout the book would have made the exposure to graphics all that more entertaining and rewarding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners to learn computer animation, 9 May 1999
By A Customer
I have always been fascinated by animation movies such as Toy Story, and the computer graphics effect created in movies such as Jurassic park. I have always thought that the software would be extremely complicated to write. This book explains the basics of computer graphics in a very simple form. It is an excellent book for all novices in this field such as myself. I have begun to view the animation films in a new light since I read this book. I would recoommend it highly for any new learner or for a beginner class text book.

5.0 out of 5 stars I found myself quickly learning the basics of CG, 14 May 1999
By A Customer
This book is for everyone who wants to learn about Computer Graphics(CG). It teaches the basics of CG through a series of lively projects. You are immediately creating CG - not just reading about CG. Learning Computer Graphics covers 2D and 3D modeling, animation, rendering (shading and texturing), and postproduction (including special effects). I found myself quickly learning the basics of each section and then experimenting with the tool box. All the software you need is included with the book. This book is what 5 stars is all about!

Computer Graphics: Programming Fun (with CD-ROM)
Computer Graphics: Programming Fun (with CD-ROM) by Govil-Pai (Paperback - 14 Dec 1998)