on 30 July 2008
A fascinating book written in a style that an interested layman can understand. Despite having lived through, and been interested in, all the space exploration since Sputnik, I hadn't appreciated all that is involved.

Dr Rogers is to be congratulated for covering a complex topic in a straightforward way without recourse to too much and hard-to-understand science. Indeed I occasionally found the book prompted further questions in my mind which I then enjoyed researching.

The author also covered relevant astronomy topics which I found very useful. One day perhaps, humans will set foot on another planet in the solar system and some of the problems that such a mission would have to face are covered well.

Clearly the author has a passion for space and astronomy, as well as the ability to put things over in an essentially simply way.

All in all I'd can thoroughly recommend the book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 12 March 2013
good book, fully enjoying the book . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again