5.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to my youth
This book was great for my daughter. I used to read these books when I was young and knew that the books were suitable for a young girl.
Published 21 months ago by Rachel Schorah

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Shallow
Published on 22 May 2013 by B. Robertson

5.0 out of 5 stars Took me back to my youth, 12 Aug. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back memories!, 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Sweet Valley High: Three Novels (Paperback)
I bought this book for my daughter as I read them all myself as a teenager. So far she is loving them just as much!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Shallow, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Sweet Valley High: Three Novels (Paperback)
I started reading this to my daughter. The book is written to a flat formula. The characters are like cardboard cut-outs and the plot is so clumsy it must have been written with a fence post. This was written in 1989 but Sweet Valley High feels like 1950 Happy Days country. The idea is Sweet Valley High with all its sorority houses and American football is teen heaven. It actually sounds like a real `comply or die' nightmare to me. The girls are both blonde and lovely and one is sweet and the other a bitch. I prefer the bitch. I'm going to finish the first book of the three and then try and lose the book down the back of the bed.
There are so many excellent books British kids can read that it's not necessary or desirable to give them this stereotyped and dated American garbage. It sends a very bad message to girls who are not blonde or blue eyed or the `prom queen'. It's just bad altogether.

Sweet Valley High: Three Novels
Sweet Valley High: Three Novels by Francine Pascal (Paperback - 22 Mar. 2011)
Used & New from: £3.19