1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhhh why???!!!!, 22 Jun. 2012
I loved this book, I really really did. But why oh why the cliffhanger ending?! Maybe I'm feeling particularly sensitive at the moment, but when I have to wait ages to find out the outcome of a Trilogy I get a wee bit agitated with cliffhangers.*bangs head on sofa in frustration*
Right, feeling more sensible now :) On a more serious note though, that is not the reason it didn't get a perfect score.

I seem to differ from the majority of reviews on this book, in the way that I preferred The Iron Thorn more than The Nightmare Garden. In some ways, this was the better novel, there was less explanation and new terminology and the world made sense more this time around. On the other hand, for the length of the novel not as much seemed to happen and I found my self confused by several events as to where they were going. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but a book this length is a long time to be confused (This is just my opinion though, so it may just be me that had this issue)

On a brighter note, it was great to be reading about Aiofe and co and though there is a heart-stopping cliffhanger and some tear-jerking moments I was pretty pleased with the ending overall, though I am currently bouncing like a loony waiting for The Mirrored Shard to be released.
I must also add that in a world filled with faerie stories and steampunk it takes someone special to write a book that stands out with this amount of originality and Ms Kittredge has achieved that with this series and managed to capture the imagination of a 20 something woman who thought she'd read all variations on Faerie (so thanks for proving me wrong!)

As an aside...isn't the cover stunning too? Wow! :)

The Nightmare Garden (Iron Codex)
The Nightmare Garden (Iron Codex) by Caitlin Kittredge (Paperback - 12 Feb. 2013)