5.0 out of 5 stars 'The best book I have ever read' !, 1 Jun. 2011
Nicola Macintyre (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monkey Nuts: The Diamond Egg of Wonders (DFC Library) (Hardcover)
We saw the Etherington Brothers' inspiring show from the front row, at the Hay Festival yesterday.

We bought ** Monkey Nuts ** and my 10 and 8 year old boys fought fiercely over who was to read the book first. It had to be withdrawn until they had reached a happy agreement and finally today they read it, as did we.

Bearing in mind that we have an awful lot of books of all types in our house, including towers of Beanos, Dandys, and related annuals, all the Tintins, Asterix', and countless other graphic novels owned by children and parents....My 8 year old thought it is 'The best book I have ever read' and has asked for the next one, yet to be published, for his birthday several times an hour since. My 10 year old has also been asking for the next one for his birthday and has read it at least 4 times today.

I was very impressed by the superior creative qualities of Robin's imagination and Lorenzo's illustrations. Their ideas have created an exciting new world where anything can happen.
A superb book...We are 4 new Etherington converts ranging in age from 8 to 50 and will be following their publications closely from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eeerrrmmazing!, 17 Dec. 2010
Brilliantly illustrated & writted book. Funny, witty & darn right amusing!
Illustrations are true masterpieces.. each & everyone so imaginative & stunningly drawn.
A very talented duo of Bros!!
Recommend this to so many peeps of different ages.. even my 3 year old is loving the images!
Published well and the book is nicely put together and feels very well made.. really lovely quality!
All round brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really funny book, 31 July 2013
My 10 year old daughter and I went tosee the Ethrington Brothers at Hay Festival and they were amazing. She loves the book and took it for them to sign and they have drawn a lovely picture of the monkey inside the front cover. I love illustrating things myself and everytime I look through the book I see something I hadn't spotted the last time!! It's great enthuses children not only to write but to illustrate too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comic fun, 12 Oct. 2010
This is a rare thing, a British comic-book story, and a marvellous one at that. The drawing is dynamic and full of life, the story is fun and page-turning. It has the unusual quality of being both fresh and new but having the look of a much loved classic. What is more, the age range of it's readership should be very broad - there's so much that can be found in it. If some passages are a tad confusing for the youngest reader there will be something to return to later, just as in any Tin Tin or Asterix book. I hope to see these characters again. More please from DFC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great comedy comic with amazing artwork, 3 Sept. 2010
P. Bastow "flowerman" (Worthing,UK) - See all my reviews
My boys always liked Monkey Nuts. As an adult (well legally anyway) I found the artwork on the matt paper of the original DFC comic too clutttered. This book is therefore, for me, a revelation. Suddenly the artwork shines and its stunning. The stories are still very funny and fast pasted. The bottom line is that if you have children of around 8/9 they will enjoy this. In fact my youngest, who find reading hard work, was found quitely reading this book on the sofa - with the wii and the tv turned off. So it can't get any better than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars Something for everyone..., 18 Oct. 2010
The Etherington Bros.' output always reminds me of a Pixar film in the way it manages to have such broad crossover appeal, without ever compromising on quality. Whatever age you are, there's something here for you, whether in the easily-accessible dialogue, full of knowing winks to adult readers, or the luxurious visuals, which pop off the page and reveal something new each time you stare off into their luscious landscapes. Buy this, then buy Malcolm Magic and see where the magic began...

5.0 out of 5 stars More Nuts Please, 4 Sept. 2010
R. Bootman - See all my reviews
Well where to start
as i have read Malcom Magic i can say the pure craziness of these boys has not died down at all
all of the funny moments are still there and the "i have no idea where this plot is going but it certainly is a fun ride" is still there.
i love that Malcom pops up alot in it also ^_^
i couldn't put it down so its all read and now I'm forcing it on other people to read
now to wait for the next one
Bring on Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars The Etherington Brothers are absolutely fantastic. Their artwork is amazing, 30 Oct. 2014
The Etherington Brothers are absolutely fantastic. Their artwork is amazing! They put so much detail into each character, I just love 'em!

Monkey Nuts: The Diamond Egg of Wonders (DFC Library)
Monkey Nuts: The Diamond Egg of Wonders (DFC Library) by Robin Etherington (Hardcover - 2 Sept. 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01