5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing in my daughter's book collection
Published on 30 Sept. 2012 by O E J

3.0 out of 5 stars For younger readers
Published on 15 Aug. 2012 by Swiftyx

5.0 out of 5 stars The best thing in my daughter's book collection, 30 Sept. 2012
O E J - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Worst Thing About My Sister (Hardcover)
9-year-old Marty has a very annoying older sister aged 11, whose name is Melissa. Marty's a bit of a tomboy while Melissa's rather more the girly type, and they have almost nothing in common. They live with both of their parents, and have no pets. Marty and Melissa have never got on; they have separate bedrooms at the start of this story, but because their mother needs a room in the house to do her sewing, she asks Marty to move into her big sister's bedroom. This causes more problems than ever, for example they have very different ideas as to how the bedroom should be decorated. Also, Melissa is very neat and tidy, whereas Marty's life is messy and chaotic. On one occasion they have an argument which ends in Marty pushing her older sister out of the upper bunk bed leading to a hospital visit for Melissa, where she stays overnight. This turns out to be a good thing, however, because Marty starts to realise how much her sister means to her, and out of guilt she tries to sew back together the doll that was damaged in their fight.

My 9-year-old daughter says of this book "It's the best book that Jacqueline Wilson has written, and I've read at least ten. It really draws your attention to Marty's feelings and because I also have an older sister, I understood what she was feeling. I know what it's like to be bossed around just like Marty is in this story. I've already read it three times and will definitely read it again. It's an easy book to read and finish it in one go without stopping."

So that's a thorough endorsement from a girl right at the heart of this book's target age-group, and makes me very pleased that I bought it. It's not difficult to see why Jacqueline Wilson is such a successful writer of childrens' books - she knows exactly how to plug into how they think.

4.0 out of 5 stars A title I am familiar with!, 1 July 2012
This review is from: The Worst Thing About My Sister (Hardcover)
"The worst thing about my sister" is a book that you never get bored of. It is quite a funny book as well, also the illustrations are great. This would be suitable for readers over 8 yrs old. Jacqueline Wilson is my fave book writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars really very good, 1 Jan. 2014
This book is about two sisters called Martina and Melissa. Martina likes to be called Marty.Marty is a bit of a tomboy,but Melissa is very girlie. She likes make up,teddies and the colur pink.

Marty and Melissa never got along,but when Melissa has a dreadful fall Marty finally realised how much she cared and loved her.

Another super tale by a super author.

I would recommend this book for children ages 7 and upwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 Jun. 2013
This book was v enjoyable. I had fun reading it.
Jacqueline Wilson is my favourite author and her books keep getting
Better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 11 Jan. 2014
ok many books are not that good but this one is just so good I've read it like 50 times beginning to end.

3.0 out of 5 stars For younger readers, 15 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Worst Thing About My Sister (Hardcover)
I borrowed this book from my cousin who is 8 years old and asked me to read it as she wanted to ask me something about it but wouldn't until I'd read the book. So I took the book home and read it in 4 hours. That's it. 4 measly hours. I was finally getting into the characters when I had reached the end. I was really disappointed in the book having been a fan for years. The problem apart from the length of time it took to read the book was that the characters were similar to past characters and the plot was pretty poor. I understand that it is a kids book but I think her previous kids books were better for example the first Hetty Feather book which had a strong heroine and was a more original character than the ones you'll find in this one. So I went to ask my cousin what it was she wanted to ask me and it was the same question I had "Why is it so short?". I hope the last Hetty Feather book and her Four Children and It remake are better than this for a lot of little girls sake and mine for Hetty Feather as I am determined to find out how it all ends after 2 or so years. I would recommend this book to younger readers who are not yet acquainted with her older books which are better than her current work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary!, 23 Jan. 2014
My daughter thoroughly enjoyed this book...Extremely good and would definitely recommend to all children! 10/10! Good use of words to challenge my daughter!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books ever!:), 29 May 2012
This review is from: The Worst Thing About My Sister (Hardcover)
I choose to read the worst thing about my sister because I really enjoy reading Jacqueline Wilson's books as they are really interesting and relate to stuff that happen in real life.
I book is about a girl called Martina (Marty) and her older sister Melissa, Marty and Melissa hated each other they called each other names, the liked to always fight and always told on each other on the littlest thing.

Melissa and Martina's mum decided to open her own dress business so Martina had to leave her Marty den for a girly pink room, their mum thought it would be good idea but she never realised how much Melissa loved her girly bed, Marty loved her bunk beds and her weird animals. Melissa hated that she had to give up her girly pink bed for Marty's grey, old bunk beds. Their dad had to made them their own units as Melissa didn't want Marty's junk in her girly bedroom. At the end of the story they realised that they actually loved each other and actually did not fight anymore and they ended up sharing a room longer than they thought and they grew to love sharing with each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Jan. 2014
This is a fantastic book and I have been really enjoying it. I have read it several times and I still enjoy every read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever made!!!, 10 Jan. 2014
This book can PROOVE things to sister's as it did to me and its the best book I've ever read! I recommend this book to everyone a must read book!!!

The Worst Thing About My Sister
The Worst Thing About My Sister by Jacqueline Wilson (Hardcover - 2 Feb. 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01