5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Series
I've been a fan of Fallen ever since the first book was released, and waiting for the conclusion to the series seemed like an age. I'll be the first to admit that the Fallen books have always been slightly hit and miss, and has attracted a lot of people who love or hate it.
I'm glad to be on the former's side.

As the final book, it's often hard to find the...
Published on 19 July 2012 by F. Lockwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings
Published on 5 Oct. 2012 by India

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Series, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I'm glad to be on the former's side.

As the final book, it's often hard to find the balance between a brilliant plot and a satisfying conclusion to the story as a whole, whilst also answering questions and tying up all loose ends. Lauren Kate did this with Rapture, and she did it wonderfully.

I don't think it can be disputed that Rapture is by far and away the best book of the series. It just felt like Kate had finally found and embraced her style of writing which has been yearning to come out for some time, and the words just flowed.

All the characters felt much more mature, which was a relief to see. At times in previous books (Torment, I'm looking at you), some had been bordering on irritating with their self-centred, teenage angst feelings - especially Luce - but here they were focused on what they had to do and much more involved.

Daniel especially came into his own. His character voice felt much stronger and his and Luce's love felt much more convincing and worth the battle around them.

I was in awe of how the story progressed and was genuinely stunned at some of the plot twists. Nicely done, Kate. What happened felt right, and more than lived up to what we wanted to happen.

But the ending, for me, was bittersweet. (Here I am referring to the very end - namely the last two chapters/epilogue)
It was the right way to go, I know, but I can't help thinking things were a little different.

I was sad to see the series end - in fact I shed a tear as I read the last line - because I really have loved these books, and have invested a lot of time and heart into them. Endings are always hard, because here we have to draw a line and say goodbye to the characters.

So: farewell, Fallen. It's been worth the wait, and it's been one hell of a ride.

Wingspeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic End, 4 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I've been following Lauren Kate's books ever since I first read Fallen way back in 2009. I read it straight after discovering Twilight and the whole of paranormal romance world, so for me now, it's a really bittersweet moment because I'm very sad it's over but I'm so pleased it ended on such a high note.

Rapture is just pure amazing! From start to finish Lauren Kate takes us on a whirlwind journey following the characters that we've all fallen in love with and she doesn't stop batting out shocking and exciting revelations, until the very last page. Rapture was far from predictable and Lauren Kate took the story to a whole new level. All of the questions I found myself asking through-out this series, are now answered and let me tell you, you will NOT be disappointed. If anything, I'm still sitting her nearly a month later just thinking "wow, I did not expect that" - Seriously, it's that good.

What I loved about this book was there was so much more Daniel and Luce time. I fell in love with their relationship from the start, so I was always rooting for them. Daniel becomes even more swoon-worthy and I loved how their relationship grew too. What I didn't expect was the shocking story that involved Lucifer. Boy oh boy, will you be surprised but you will be blown away also because it was the last thing I ever expected.

The ending of the book was done so perfectly well that all my favourite characters got the ending they all deserved. I just adored Daniel and Luce's ending and Lauren did the finial touches brilliantly. My only major problem was Cam; I don't think his ending was a good as the others. It kind of felt left open - maybe in the hopes that Cam could have his own book because that's how it felt, but I guess we'll see.

All in all, Rapture was the perfect ending to a fantastic series and I honestly will be sad to see it go. Full of romance, danger, hope and love - it's not one to miss!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blew my mind!!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I have read many books series in my time and only a few have ever stayed with me over the years. The Fallen series is one of those few. Rapture is the ending to this fantastic series and is my favourite out of the five, I think its because you can really feel the emotions of all the characters. There were so many twists in this book that I did not see coming and would not have guessed. In the last few chapters I laughed and (most of all) I cried!!! I really felt not only what Luce and Daniel were going through but the emotions of all her friends, family and the outcasts too. Although I was devastated about the way it ended I would not have changed a thing. I totally encourage anyone to read these books, you will not regret it. Great writing, great characters, love, twists and turns and an ending you will not forget in a hurry.....what's not to love?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of the series., 2 May 2013
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I do love the fallen series of Lauren Kate. Its a very sweet story that stays with you long after you turn the last page. Rapture is very good. A few moments lacking impact but its a surprising end that even I didn't see coming. Its a lovely end to the story that makes you feel satisfied. Good writing and research too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 5 Oct. 2012
India (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I've been eagerly anticipating the end of this series, as I've found each book worse than the last. Fallen was absolutely magnificent, Torment (Fallen) was good but lacking in certain areas, and Passion (Fallen) was OK, showed some promise at the start then just detrimentally dwindled from there on, insofar as just being about Luce's "heartbreaking" adventures with Daniel.

But let me get on to the book in question: There's no doubt the first 50 pages or so showed lots of promise; it was quite different and intriguing - I love the seismic time shifts. But from there on it became almost like a repeat of Passion (Fallen) with all the adventures to the different parts of the world Lucinda and Daniel go to. But then again, it was almost completely irrelevant to the first three books; they could not have happened and yet it was still clear what was going on.

But, contradictory to the last boring 300 pages - nothing much happens, Luce + Daniel do what they have to do all while snogging and professing their love for one another - secrets are revealed (lots of them) which make it interesting. I loved the ending; it was brilliant because I didn't expect it at all.

Overall I give this book three stars - the series ditto. If all four books were written different or there'd only been two or 3 books then it'd been absolutely amazing. If you ever have any spare time read them. They're good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best end to a series.., 7 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I really love the fallen series and was so excited to read the final book. The whole series was so romantic and beautiful. However the last book didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe it was the fact that it was very slow to start, or perhaps it was a bit too predictable. I don't know it just didn't connect with me like the others. It was still a good book, just maybe not as good as the others.

!!Spoiler Alert!!
You might want to stop reading now if you don't want to know anything about the book!!

We basically carry on straight after the end of passion. The fallen angels and Luce decide to go and look for the "three relics" that have suddenly been introduced (This happens a lot in the book). This apparently will tell them where the angel's fell. This will allow them to prevent Lucifer from re-writing history. Daniel and Luce set off on their own and it's only until the Outcasts take sides with them that the story really starts to get going. Before that it's just Luce describing how she loves Daniel and how they are perfect for one another -_-.

They find all three relics and get to the place where the fall happened. Their Luce discovers something about herself . I don't about you but I wasn't expecting this revelation, I didn't know what to make of it. If she is what it says she is doesn't that sort of kill the whole point of the story? It's like it was just the easy way out so that Luce and Daniel could stay together.

Then she has to go and stop Lucifer and you find out something about their relationship. Now I thought this was a bit predictable and cliché!! Basically they just end up having a nice chat. So that somehow stops him. I was really disappointed when that happened, I mean really? They just spent this whole time worrying about what Lucifer was going to do and then Luce just needed to talk to him? I was hoping for a fight: /.

After that God comes and acts as though none of this was her fault. And then Luce and Daniel have to make "The choice" again. I won't say what they choose; but whilst they were making this decision Luce seems to forget about her human parents and friends. This made me very angry seeing as she always went on about how much she cared for them.

So that leaves us with the ending. The consequence of their choice is sad I have to admit :'( but I feel like I've read that ending so many times before. And I had so many questions; Why does it never explain the Trevor incident? And what the hell happened to Cam??

I love all the bits when he and Luce where together but there weren't as many as I wanted there to be. It's like the author forgot that Cam was a main part of the story. I really hope that there will be a series about Cam, that's what it looked like to me because we never found out who he was in love with and what happened to him!! But I would of rather she just included it in the actual story.

I would also like to point out the cheesiness of the final pages of the book. Not only did I find the scene with her new friend really annoying but I have a real problem with the final angel's scene. The fact that they were spying on Luce and Daniel was really annoying. Also did anyone notice that Lucifer was in the final scene?

So if you're planning on buying rapture I would recommend it to you there are some really good bits and some classic Lauren Kate romantic scenes but just don't expect to be blown away. Also it's quite repetitive at times. Overall though it was a good read but maybe not the best end to a series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unsure, maybe surprised?, 19 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I remember reading the first Novel of the Fallen Series, the experience really set my hopes for the following books to come of this series as I found Fallen, dark and yet enchanting and the romantic side of it, honestly did spell bind me aside from bringing me to tears at the most unexpected parts of the book. Book 2, AMAZING! But book 3, it was OK, took me a while to read and about three months to actually get into it but book 4, Rapture (Oh forgot about Falling in Love... Very cute) but there was something about this book I couldn't quite get my head around at first and was very gutted when I found a severe contradiction to the first novel of the series but other than that I really did enjoy it, the religious aspects to the book fitted well without being too offensive in my eyes. I only finished this book, at the most an our or two ago and I was rolling around in my arm chair screaming in delight at the revelation the first book had begun to introduce...

WHO IS LUCINDA PRICE?

In my opinion, as everyone is entitled to there own, it was a great sum up to a story that may have been dragged out a little in the previous book as I have already spoken of but I really think Lauren Kate has crafted a very well, researched book and is perfect for Lovers of Fantasy such as myself.

Once, I had finished the book. (only hours ago) I ran straight to my mom (I'm only seventeen) and informed her of my rocky thoughts on the series but did say the ending just stopped, it didn't end and I felt the very last chapter and the epilogue of the book could have had a little more, a little more something instead of just stopping.

Great book, looking forward to reading more of Lauren Kate's work. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Action-packed!, 14 July 2012
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I had been eagerly awaiting this final book in the Fallen series and it did not disappoint me because it was full of everything I have come to expect from this fantastic series - romance, action, complications and so many difficult decisions!

I quickly fell back in to the story and couldn't put it down, this book now joins the many other books in my `one-day read' list.

Cam has always been one of my favourite characters in this series and that didn't change this time, he still had that confident charm that I love so much and part of me has always hoped that he might become something more to Luce.

As I was reading through this book there was a real feeling of urgency from everyone, complicated angel politics led to an exciting and tense race against time which had me on the edge of my seat.

Dee was an interesting character, I wasn't sure what to make of her but when her purpose was revealed I was actually quite surprised that I hadn't seen it coming.

Being the last book in the series I knew it would be dramatic but I wasn't prepared for some of the sad moments that occurred during the battle to save history, I didn't expect to find myself crying whilst reading this book but there were a couple of things that really pulled at my heart-strings.

It was good to finally get an explanation for everything and it wasn't anything I had predicted either which was refreshing.

The epilogue was brilliant but still held a touch of sadness for me, the only negative thing I would say is that I would have liked more of it!

An action-packed, emotional read that finished off the series beautifully.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow starter, explosive ending, 10 July 2012
carly (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
This is a really bitter-sweet review for me write because I am a huge fan of the series and I am sad to see it come to an end but this final instalment was just truly amazing! I was thrilled, surprised, shocked and many more things throughout Rapture. I loved how everything slotted into place so perfectly to make a brilliant conclusion to the series. I always enjoy Lauren Kate's writing style and Rapture is no exception. I really am going to miss the collection of fabulous characters that have been a joy to read about and get to know over the four books. I am thoroughly satisfied with the conclusion to the series even though I am sad to see the end.

Rapture picks up right where Passion leaves off, in the aftermath of the fall re-starting all over again. The angels mission is to search for the relics that when put together will pinpoint the location of where the fall began. But it won't be an easy task, they have dark forces breathing down their necks at every turn.

Will they succeed in their mission, to stop Lucifer once and for all? Well it all rests on Luce's shoulders, it's up to her to remember who she was and break the curse that she has lived with for what seems like an eternity. Who will Luce choose in the end, will she still choose love?

Well the ending certainly piles out a ton of unexpected shockers! I think everyone will at least be shocked by one thing in the book. I found the first approx 150 pages of the book a little confusing and hard to get into but I am so pleased I went back and read on as it really was spectacular as a whole. I highly recommend Rapture as a must read for fans of the series!

As much as I love Luce and Daniel's love for each other, my favourite characters still have to be all the side-kick angels especially Arraine, with her kick-ass attitude and her no nonsense - say it like it is mouth, she is the one I will miss the most.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay..., 16 April 2013
This review is from: Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series (Paperback)
I've given 3 stars for this book because, in my opinion, it's not the best in the series, which is a shame given that it is the ending of the series.

without spoiling the book for anyone, I found it quite tedious at times and I found myself having to force myself to read it. For me it got quite boring and because of this i would recommend people who have not started to read this series, not to bother. If i'd have known how this last book would turn out when i read the first (amazing!) book, I probably wouldn't have bothered reading the series either. Saying that, if you are a person who has read the first three books then of course you should probably read this one as well, just to give you the overall experience of the characters and story. However, if your not that bothered about reading this book and just think you should because you've read the first three (like me) then my recommendation is not to waist your money.

So yeah, the fallen series has been a good one (in the first three books), its just a shame about this last book. I feel that more time and effort should have been put into it by the author.

Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series
Rapture: Book 4 of the Fallen Series by Lauren Kate (Paperback - 21 Jun. 2012)
Used & New from: £0.01