Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 18 July 2011
Having read the authors previous books on the Great War, First Blitz and The Unknown Soldier and being really impressed with them, I thought I must give this new work a go.
Although somewhat shorter than the other two books mentioned, only 300 pages, it doesn't detract from this book. Packed with detail and some good photos this book not only informed me, but also really entertained me, I was amazed at the ingenuity and at times the humor of the prisoners.
I never really knew anything about what prisoners experienced during the Great War and although this book deals mainly with the officers camp at Holzminden it gives a good insight into what it must have been like, and in common with the other two books I have read from this author, at times this book reads like a novel and is difficult to put down.
I thoroughly recommend this book.
on 2 May 2014
well written enjoyable read ,had seen tv doc and decided to give book a try in depth account. recommended . enjoy!
on 3 December 2014
A hugely enjoyable book. Finished reading within a month of purchase. Fascinating
on 15 January 2015