5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 star!!! Buy this Book!
My Sister Jodie is a fantastic book. It is a book that once you pick up you can't put down. I love it! I would recommend it to people who like sudden surprises in books; or just love reading and Jacqueline Wilson. It has an unusual ending that is sudden. I'd probably recommend it for readers aged 10 and up. Defnitley buy this book. It's really interesting!
Published on 28 Jun 2008 by R. Forssman

3.0 out of 5 stars by a 12 yr old girl
i first read this book when i was 9… the begging was ok… the middle was amazing… the ending was so sad i nearly cried; SPOILER ALERT: THE MAIN CHARACTER DIES!!!!!!! it was TRAUMATIC!
i usually like Jacqueline wilson but this book was just horrible. no under 10s
btw im giving it 3 stars caus other than the ending it was great!
; - D Alice...
Published 3 months ago by Mr B J Wells

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 star!!! Buy this Book!, 28 Jun 2008
R. Forssman (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars My Sister Jodie - a great book, 25 Jan 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Hardcover)
I am 10 years old and i know you therefore might not find my review very helpful but do carry on reading as i can give you some advice.
This book is really good as it follows all the current Jacqueline Wilson principles: real life matters that we all know of. It is really entertaining and I couldn't put it down. In fact I loved it so much that in 5 days I had finished it. That might put some parents off but don't let it because after a matter of time you could read it all over again and still absolutely love it
I would most definitely urge you to buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Hardcover)
This book is amazing I would recommend it for slightly older people though some younger like 8/9 year old might find it ok. It my favourite book. But warning be ready to cry

5.0 out of 5 stars Very haunting yet real story..., 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Paperback)
My daughters review:
I decided to re-read this book recently, as Jacqueline was my favourite author growing up and it was awesome to re-read this story. I remembered the plot vividly, but reliving it was extraordinary and made me cry, laugh and also haunted in some ways.

'My Sister Jodie' is written in the perspective of Pearl, a ten (nearly eleven) year old who lives with her mum, dad and her older sister Jodie. The two sisters are inseparable and Pearl has always admired and looked up to Jodie, even when she feels that Jodie is wrong. Although they are nothing alike, Pearl wishes that she was like Jodie, however the contrast couldn't be any higher! Pearl enjoys reading and has been bullied a lot for just being clever. Whereas Jodie is challenging. She enjoys piercings, dying her hair and being crazy, and after mixing with the wrong crowd at school - Jodie finds herself getting drunk and winding her mum up too much. The family are given a golden opportunity to move to a boarding school where the parents will work and the two sisters will learn for free. A golden opportunity! However, little do they know that this is where the tables will turn. Jodie will become unpopular, Pearl will have friends, even a secret friend! And also, this golden opportunity, turns sour...in a matter of months, where a previous tragedy is relived.

Jacqueline Wilson has carefully submerged her readers to a darker side of teenagers. Because the book is written in the perspective of a younger sister watching her sister live and make mistakes, you are connected to Pearl and find yourself feeling a great deal of feelings towards her upset when the tragedy happens. She has structured the book beautifully, with amazing plot twists and enough drama to make you adore the story however you are not overwhelmed with the families issues all at once. The ending is quite sad, and although it's rounded off to a happy-ish version, you can still see the torment and upset in the families life after... The characters are built up beautifully. You can stimulate an opinion of the characters quite easily and they all contrast each other amazingly. It features a daring teenager, a controlling mother and a soft dad, whilst one child is feeling left out. However, Jacqueline has also created a good amount of empathy to each of the characters in each chapter that they appear in. You see them as misunderstood, broken or tormented.

She has managed to portray the death of a family member in a very subtle yet heart wincing way, where you are literally crying along with the pages. I think this book is a nice little light read with heavy drama and a ton of upset, however some young readers may be effected by it in a very harsh way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely emotional!, 13 Mar 2008
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Hardcover)
I read this book in less than a week. I am a fan of Jacqueline Wilson and have read many of her books. This is my favourite so far. It tells the tale of two sisters and their relationship together. Jodie is the bold daring and cheeky sister and Pearl is the shy quiet one who relies on her sister to speak up for her.
This story has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for me. I strongly recommend it. Jessica S age 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 20 Oct 2008
A Kid's Review
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Hardcover)
I absoulutley loved this book!
Pearl is quiet and relies on Jodie her older sister who is bad, boysterus and gets into LOTS of trouble. Their mum and Dad get new jobs at a posh boarding school far away. Jodie has always been the bold one but Pearl is the one that is making progress at school and making lots of new friends. Pearl doesn't rely on Jodie as much as she used to. But Jodie seems to be getting into more and more trouble wither every day.........
This was the best book I have ever read By Jaqueline Wilson or maybe even the best book i have ever read! It was the perfect book for me! x

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved the book it..the last two chapters recked the book!, 4 Aug 2009
A. rochfort - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Paperback)
I started to read the book and the first chapter I couldnt really get into it but once I got to the second chapter.. Wow what can I say it was fab! I could not put the book down, but the way it was wrote was like a fantasy that you were going to experience along with Pearl and Jodie throug out the book! Pearl & Jodie get along so well, the have their ups and downs but they get over so quick. Jodie is always getting in trouble so easily but yet she can work things out so nicely, Pearl is always the brainy one and never really gets in trouble, but as I started to read about how Jodie had got in trouble for telling the little boys a scary hallaween storie that made them scream throught out the night I felt upset as Jodie is always so good to children. On bonfire night when every on was outside, (this is the last two chapters)Jodie tried to show the little boys there was no such things as ghosts by going up the tower in a freaky white dress, everyone was watching the fireworks when they all spoted Jodie, every one started to scream as Jodie fell out a huge tower window and died. I enjoyed the book so much but tose last two chapters reck the book. Even though it was only a book I started to cry and I was so found of Jodie and then SHE DIED!! Pearl Jodies litte sister was so found of her.I was enyoying the book so much and then my eyes filled with water... I still recomend all readers to buy this book bot only if ....you are ready for a thrill, and a heartbreaking ending! If any girls want to buy this book who have an older sister this book will make you actually know how much she does for you and you will probally not want her to go near any windows which is upstairs and you will want to prtect her. I am the youngest in my family and I only have an older brother no older or younger sister and I know how all my friends would say oh my sister is terrible , I hate her, I wish I never had her.... well I know now to tell my friends from now on how much you should appreciate your older sisters!ANY OLDER SISERS WHO READ THIS SHOW IT TO YOUR YOUNGER SISTER AND EVEN IF I DONT KNOW YOU, YOU MUST BE BRILLIANT. this was wrote by a girl who was heart broken from this book!!

4.0 out of 5 stars My sister Jodie, 20 Jun 2014
S. MORRIS (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Kindle Edition)
This was a Hart warming and touching book. it was life like and has probably happen to a family before. The writing was brilliant it felt like I was in the book there with the characters. There comforting pearl and there falling with Jodie. Some parts made me cry some made me laugh and some made me squeak like a mouse with excitement.

I think over 10s will love this book. If you ever get a chance to read any of Jacqueline Wilson`s books grab the opportunity.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 11 Aug 2014
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Kindle Edition)
my sister jodie is a awesome book jodie is teenager and is very brave and outgoing but her younger sister pearl who is trn nearly eleven isn t so brave shes the goody goody pearl got bullied in her old school but now she s got loads of friends espically harley who is very tall and only thirteen and he 6ft 4 it has a very sad ending and an exciting ending if you want to find out read it i recommend it to 11+

3.0 out of 5 stars by a 12 yr old girl, 22 Aug 2014
i usually like Jacqueline wilson but this book was just horrible. no under 10s
btw im giving it 3 stars caus other than the ending it was great!
; - D Alice xox

My Sister Jodie
My Sister Jodie by Jacqueline Wilson (Hardcover - 13 Mar 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01