5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely gorgeous.
Published on 12 July 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Middle of the road
Not as good as ketchup on your cornflakes but better than don't put your finger in the jelly nelly dissapointed
Published 11 months ago by maggie

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely gorgeous., 12 July 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Shark in the Park! (Hardcover)
I bought this very funny book for a third birthday present because it had instant appeal for me. It was funny, uncomplicated and had little surprises here and there as well as the big surprises seen through the "portholes" in alternate pages. I carefully read it to my nearly 3 year old before wrapping it and he loved it. So did the 5 year old brother of the birthday boy, who got hold of it first and read it to his friend. I don't know at what age this book would get too easy, but it is so bold and well illustrated that I would recommend it for any 2-6 year old at least. The print is also big, and partly rhyming, partly repetetive, so it would make a great early reader too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 15 Jun 2007
H. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Board book)
I thought this would be a "baby" book as it was in board format in our library: but it isn't! Really fun rhymes "Timothy Pope, Timothy Pope, Is looking through his telescope" And very witty illustations. Good for directions too (left, right, up and down) which are repeated often.

It's good for predication too - getting my 3 yr old to think what the shape could be if it wasn't a shark's fin...

I'd say it was a good toddler read 2 1/2 to about 4 possibly. After that it may have a short shelf life apart from early readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A big hit, 9 Oct 2009
E. DELIA (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Paperback)
I really cannot recommend this book highly enough. I work with 2 - 4 year olds and this particular book is so popular we have to read it to the children almost every day. There are opportunities to join in with the story, to shout out loud and there are pictures to challenge the children to think. Utterly genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for under twos too, 8 Dec 2008
R. Thompson (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Board book)
To add to the comments about age suitability, my daughter has really enjoyed this book since she was 12 months old. The pictures are so bold and fun and now, at 15 months old, she yells 'aaagh' every time we see the shark through the hole!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toddler book, 8 Oct 2010
S. Bishop (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Board book)
This is without doubt the best book I have bought my 2 and a half year old son. We read it every night, he now knows all the words to it, I'm sure this will help him with his reading.
The story is so engaging for the children and they love being able to join in, and the surprises after every page really keep my son involved.
A must have book for any toddler!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 6 May 2009
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Paperback)
My children who are 4 and 2 love this book, and love shouting the line "There's a shark in the park!", though my 2 year old did have a nightmare about sharks after one reading! Overall, I would say that it is quite a fun book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading for my Grandsons, 10 Aug 2009
H. Adamson (Belfast, N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Board book)
my grandsons have this book at their nursery school and love it, I thought it would be a nice treat for them when they visit, they're engrossed and enjoy the interaction

5.0 out of 5 stars We all love it!!!!!, 20 May 2011
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Board book)
This was the third Nick Sharratt books which we had bought. I immediately loved the colours and repetitive text, however, I didn't think my son would enjoy reading it as much as the other Nick Sharratt lift the flap books. Boy was I wrong!!! This is one of his favourite books. He shares it with us at least once a day and is now beginning to 'read' it to his baby sister.

The repetitive text means that he can join in with reading. He names everything in the pictures, and is now beginning to count as well. Overall, this is definitely a great book to promote enjoyment of reading - especially for boys. It's great for language development, early numeracy, and relating to own experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for any child's collection!, 3 Jan 2011
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Paperback)
This book is great, the rhyming and repetition of certain lines has a big appeal to children and it's very funny, with there being a surprise at the end as well it's a must-read! Don't hesitate in buying it for any young child- my daughter is 18 mths and my son is 4 yrs and they both love it equally.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 Aug 2010
This review is from: Shark In The Park (Board book)
Super book, my 2 and 6 year olds love it and join in shouting 'there's a shark in the park' read over and over again. A favourite.

Shark In The Park
Shark In The Park by Nick Sharratt (Board book - 19 Jan 2006)