5.0 out of 5 stars Brisingr: Book 3
This is my first review so hope I'm not boring and hopefully of some small help to you!

Brisingr (admittedly not the easiest name to remember) is Book 3 of a set of 4 books based on a mythological world where dragons, elves, dwarves and men co-exist. Ahhh! I hear you say, this is just a ripoff from Lord of the Rings (LOTR) - right?

Well, the short...
Published on 17 Sep 2011 by Alan, L'pool

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so much more
After having enjoyed the first two books I expected much of the same pace and style of writing in the third book. It was nothing of the sort, I gave it 3 stars because while I didnt dislike the book it was just 300 pages too long. I spend 50 pages reading about the most predictable election of a king in history, totally un-necessary and a annoying result of the multiple...
Published on 10 Nov 2011 by Richard Helliwell

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov 2014
Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Enter the Dragons, 10 Oct 2009
actionman023 (Leyland England) - See all my reviews
The third in the series was just as good as the other two and I cannot wait for the last instalment

5.0 out of 5 stars Brisingr, 30 Aug 2009
W. R. R. Bruce (UK) - See all my reviews
I have not read the book yet but I expect I shall enjoy it as much as the previous two.

5.0 out of 5 stars brisingr by christopher poalini, 19 Feb 2010
A GOOD VALUE BOOK WHICH WAS DELIVERD VERY QUICKLY.

A GOOD STORY WELL WRITTEN

1.0 out of 5 stars Waaaaaaaay too long, 22 Sep 2008
T. Pitts - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle) (Hardcover)
I personally thought the second book in this series, Eldest, was pretty good. It moved quickly and had enough depth to keep me interested. The same cannot be said for Brisingr.

Paolini stated that he would split the last book into 2 becaue it would be too long. Frankly, i reckon he could lose about half of this book. There are things in here that go on for sooooo long and do nothing to enhance the characters or drive the story forward.

The plot twists that are involved are predictable and boring. After spending a lot of time reading Steven Erikson's 'Malazan book of the fallen' series, Paolini's aimless ramblings seem childish to me.

It does have a few good points though. The book develops Roran and Eragon more and offers a lot more insight into Alagaesia than the last 2 books. However, these positives are marred by the strung out, needless passages and by a 'climax' that is barely deserving of the word.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally growing up, 18 Nov 2008
Henderson "Bookaholic" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle) (Hardcover)
My biggest dissapointment? Getting to page 749 and: "Here ends the third book (...) the story will continue and conclude in book four." Urg! I waited for ages. When will I find out what happens in the end?

However I was delighted to see that Mr Paolini has finally put down the lexecon of synonyms which he seemed so attached to in books one and two. Red is red. There is little need for so many "carmine, crimson, sanguine, maroon, ruby, scarlet..." We got the point!

Although the seven-hundred-odd-page book suddenly became two seven hundred-odd-page-books I can certainly see why. I enjoyed following Eragon in real time, as perplexed as he as to how he would ever find his way out of this mess. I enjoyed the detail, the side-stories, the progressive discovery. I also thought the passage from what Eragon was up to, to what the Varden were up to, much less brutal than in book two where every snapshot between Roran and Eragon broke the flow and stopped the reader from getting truly involved in the plot.

All in all, a better book by my standards than it's predecessors. Now I just have to wait another three years for the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars very easy to read, 27 Sep 2008
Erica Garner (Shropshire,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle) (Hardcover)
i was stuck into this and found it very interesting-i read 500 pages in a day! i wished there had been a bit more on eragons relationship with arya

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 26 Sep 2008
Mr. J. Daly - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle) (Hardcover)
you won't be dissapointed by this book, it is amazing, not one chapter is boring, it will grip your attention at every moment. Many questions are answered and it will leave you longing for the 4th and final book. This is definately one to read!!!!!!!! by the way, this review isnt coming from an old man, its just my dad's name, no matter what age you are, this is a brilliant book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brisingr (Inheritance Cycle), 1 Feb 2009
Mrs. S. Brown (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle) (Hardcover)
this is the best one yet! It was worth persevering through book 2 but those who are expecting an ending will be disappointed. It has left me wanting to find out what happens next! this book is truly an antidote to war and should be read by all politicians. Hurry up with book 4 of the 'trilogy' but I won't be unhappy if there is a book 5 as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly enjoyable yet slacking, 22 Dec 2008
Ms. Z. Cotton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle) (Hardcover)
I got Brisigr as a birhtday present, having read the first two.
In my opinion Brisingr was a bit lengthy and unnecessary so. Like Eldest the story travels from Eragon to Rohan most of the way through and I feel as throught Eragon has not progessed as much as I would like him to. His cousin seems to have achieved and developed more and he is just a mere human.Hopefully the last book will redeemed for some of the poor character development of the main protagonist

Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle)
Brisingr (The Inheritance Cycle) by Christopher Paolini (Hardcover - 21 Jun 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01