on 11 August 2014
Out of all the books J.W has ever written, this one is by far one of the best. It explores many issues that go on in the outside world. The basic story is mum is having a baby and she thinks that the family needs more room. So she buys a house in a place called the planet estate and she tells the diamond girls that there moving straight away. There are four diamond girls Dixie, who is ten, Jude, who is fourteen, Rochelle, who is eleven and Martine, who is sixteen. They don't all get on and there are is a lot of arguing between them and the oldest has a secret that she doesn't tell anyone. Jude also gets into a lot of fights. All the girls have different dads but the only dad you do meet in the book is Dixie`s dad. There is also a guy named Bruce who helps them move in to the new house and he acts like a sort of uncle to the girls. When the family move to there new house its in a very rundown area and the house is a tip, all broken and messy and damaged. But they have not even started unpacking yet when mum goes into labour. Mum is convinced the babies a boy but only Dixie knows the truth. Full of drama, excitement and madness, this book shows you the fun and not so fun things about having a huge family. I read this book from start to finish in a day. I found the story so easy to understand and the way that J.W writes her novels is just amazing because the story flows perfectly from one bit to the other. I like all J.W books but the diamond girls is definitely one of my favourites. I would recommend this book to ages 10 and up because the book contains a little bit of teenage pregnancy and domestic abuse but its not that bad so i think it its suitable for all ages really. Teenagers buy this book. Because its awesome!!!
By Jessica Lenton
on 12 April 2015
Personally I am a massive fan of Jacqueline Wilson. I am 12 now and probably be reading more adventurous books but the hunger games Harry Potter and Jacqueline Wilson are the best. Diamond girls is quite a moving book that goes through lots of harsh unfair things like dealing with massive family issues and also happy joyful things like mum giving birth again. Much like most of Jacqueline's books they are impossible to put down and I found that I read this book in 2 days. I would definitely read this book again as I love it and rate it 4 stars. I would recommend reading book at the ages 10-13. I think that this is a slightly more advanced book by Jacqueline
on 27 December 2015
THIS is a great book I would recommend for girls over 10.
Being the youngest, Dixie has a tough life lliving in a small flat. But everything changes when Dixie's 8 month pragnant mum decides to move to a house. No one is happy about this and having 3 sisters and a pregnant mum means its not going to be easy settling in. when the girls have only just started unpacking their p
oor mum suddenly goes into labour. luckily Dixie's 'uncle', Bruce has a van to drive her into hospital. I will not give any spoilers but Dixies new 'brother' that her mum is estatic about has a big surprise......
this book gave me a shock when it started describing about her mum nearly giving birth on the pavement. I would not read this if I were under 10 at least.
Altogether the book diamond girls is a really good read that I simply couldn't put down!!! definetly 5/5 stars. :) :D
on 15 July 2014
I love this book to bits! It's so good and at the start and the middle of the book, it sounds like it's going to have such a bad, horrible ending, but it has such a nice ending!
I don't think this book is for young people and I think the minimum age for this would/should be at least 11 or 12 years old.
This Jacqueline Wilson book is definitely a must read and you will love every minute of it!!!
on 6 July 2011
This another one of my favourites, and again explores many issues that go on in the outside world. i can refer to this story from my own experiences especially with little mary and the way her mum treats her. I don't think this book is suitable for under 12's because of most of it is grown up stuff with the girls constant fights, teenage pregancy, physical abuse. I am 19 and i love this book so much so i had 2 get it in the hardback edition!
on 11 November 2014
I loved this book especially Dixie and Mary it's just such an interesting book that drags you in like a fish on a the end of a fishing rod. I've had a great time reading this for the second time and would advise it to anyone older than about 9.
on 3 February 2014
When I seen this book I knew it would have been good. My friends won't stop chatting about this book so I thought I would be good. And I was right one of Jacqueline Wilson's best books yet. I would get it if I were you just saying it's a highly recommended book. Hope you get this book.
on 25 January 2015
This book is amazing I enjoyed it worth every penny!

I am ten years old I really enjoyed it I highly recommend this product to everyone especially 8-12 yrs Many Jacqueline Wilson's books are brilliant. Plus this book gives you an extract from Secrets
on 10 April 2015
This book is really cool! As well as it being a bit rude and fun it also shows how many families like the Diamonds have to strive in life to get something simple like food. Imagine going down to the Fish & Chips shop almost every day?! Some children who are rich, spoilt and loved forget this and take money and easy-going life for granted:( . So personally I would recommend this book to children age 9-13 to show them that not everything in this world will go their way.

But however as I just said this book is truly awesome so read it
HAVE FUN! ;)

By VERENA K
on 20 July 2014
The diamond girls is one of the best books I've read. It is a story about four sisters , Dixie, Rochelle, Jude, Martine and their mum Sue Diamond. When Sue is pregnant with her fifth baby supposedly a boy her and her daughter's move house to somewhere they think will be 10 times better than the old place, but actually is 10 times worse. Martine is most upset about moving she is the oldest and her boyfriend Tony lived next door to their old flat. She says she will only stay until the baby's born. When the girls find out that the baby's a boy, Dixie finds a new friend next door and Martine is ill but nobody knows why. How will Sue cope? :(