5.0 out of 5 stars feisty girls!
Published on 6 July 2011 by Bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm, deja vu.
An imaginative, although not particularly intelligent girl, the amazingly pretty but slightly, er, promiscuous mum who means well, the obligatory 'nice guy' and the three unimportant sisters (one of which says she hates her mother). Where have we heard this before?

I just wish Jacqueline wouldn't keep recycling all the old stereotypes she's used before. To me...
Published on 28 Jan 2007 by Trickster

5.0 out of 5 stars feisty girls!, 6 July 2011
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Kindle Edition)
This another one of my favourites, and again explores many issues that go on in the outside world. i can refer to this story from my own experiences especially with little mary and the way her mum treats her. I don't think this book is suitable for under 12's because of most of it is grown up stuff with the girls constant fights, teenage pregancy, physical abuse. I am 19 and i love this book so much so i had 2 get it in the hardback edition!

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent book, 2 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Paperback)
well actually they're called the diamond girls because that's their name. they're not fabulously rich or famous or beautiful. they're a bit rough,but their hearts are in the right place -they're rough diamonds! there are four diamond girls.there's martine,jude, Rochelle and Dixie. four girls,four different fathers.but only mum lives at home with the girls.so that makes five diamond girls really.buts that the end of the diamond girl can run because mums having another baby and this times its a boy. mum knows because they have seen it in the stars. that why they have to move. they need more space now there's a little footballer on the way
I'm doing this for all of us. We need a bigger place, now you're all having a little brother.' Mum patted her stomach.
She said it as if we'd all begged for a brother. We'd all been appalled and embarrassed when she told us she was going to have another baby.

Can you imagine what it's like living in a house full of girls, even if they are Diamonds? Maybe you already know what it's like? With the Diamonds there's a great deal of squabbling, and tears and tantrums, and oodles of nail varnish and pink fluffy bits and pieces and bottle blonde hair. And there are boyfriends, of course. They cause a bit of a stir. It's all a bit much for Dixie, who's a dreamer. She hangs on to Bluebell. A budgie. Up her sleeve. Pretend.

It's a bit much for Mum as well, what with the baby, and the move, and all. What they really need is a nice steady bloke with a heart of gold who'll come and help them move their stuff to the new place and sort things out for them a bit:

It was a small skinny guy with a bad haircut and round glasses. They didn't sit comfortably so he had to wrinkle his nose and hitch them up every few seconds.

Poor Bruce. He doesn't know what's about to hit him! Read on. It's another lovely Jacqueline Wilson story, full of high drama and gentle moments, and the blinding truth. Highly recommended. I know you'll love it.

i really enjoyed reading this book by j.w. it kept me in suspence the whole time because it's so easy to understand.The way j.w writes her books is different to the way other authors write their books. Even though this book is fictional it is almost real! All j.w books relate to young and old! if you think your family has difficulties and you dont know how to cope i recomend you read this book and alot more of j.ws books. Her books may all be the same but their the same in different ways. There about diferent problems that teens like you and me face every single day.i give j.w 'The Dimond Girls' and all of j.ws books 10/10

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 7 Mar 2013
Miss Stacey Wilkins "stay86" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Hardcover)
My daughter is a massive fan if Jacquline Wilson, she has read this and re-read this book over and over again. The way Jacquline writes her books is very capitavting. My daughter has loved the adventures in thsi book.

5.0 out of 5 stars relevant issues, 30 Jan 2005
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Hardcover)
As a (semi) adult reader of Jacqueline Wilson, I have developed and increasing amount of respect for her books and the way they deal with so many awkward gritty issues, like child abuse, divorce, child neglect, etc... And in this book, bad parenting - not by the fathers, but by the mothers. I was touched by this book, highlighting the strength of children in the face of some of the darkest adversity. And the kindness and warmth of strangers, in Bruce. Most of all, it was Mary's story that saddened me. The book doesn't deliver a wishy-washy feel good ending either. Teen pregnancy, delusional mothers, absent fathers ... this book has it all, and gives it to you how it is. And, in the end, family's unconditional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 14 April 2013
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Kindle Edition)
This book had me on the edge of my seat...... I hope there will be a sequel to this book because I am DYING to know whether they get on Ok.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great book, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Kindle Edition)
Diamond girls was a lovely book I chose it because their are lots of girls in my family I recommend it to ages eleven and up

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!!, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book! My favourite, it keeps you on the edge all time, I have read it again and again so many times!
I recommend this book to anyone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Kindle Edition)
I love this book because it is very interesting.once I started reading this book I could not put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 17 Jan 2013
Helen Warren (Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Kindle Edition)
This book is one of my fave books!!!! Jacky sure is the best author ever!! I like it because there is lots of characters!!

5.0 out of 5 stars damioned girls, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Diamond Girls (Kindle Edition)
this is great dixie is so diffrent to her sisters she is more in her on world when mum has a baby how could they cope i dont want to spoil it

ARRAY(0xacbf68d0)

The Diamond Girls
The Diamond Girls by Jacqueline Wilson (Hardcover - 7 Oct 2004)
Used & New from: 0.01