5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful
This is a beautiful book. You can hear David Rakoff's voice, which had something that always resonated with me, from every page. It is a wonderful read.
Published 11 months ago by Millansdevogue

3.0 out of 5 stars An afternoon of pleasant enough reading
I must admit that I mainly bought this book because I liked the cover illustration. It is unfortunately not as beautiful in real life.

Published 6 months ago by Prissy

3.0 out of 5 stars An afternoon of pleasant enough reading, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish (Hardcover)

Content wise the amazon description is accurate of the stories told within this short verse novel. I found myself either wanting more connections between the characters or to dispense with the pretense that they were interwoven. I think that it would have been more successful billed as short stories and leave you to discover the connections yourself as a surprise. At times the stories verge on cliché, though I suppose this is often an issue for short books in trying to move a story along. The title will give you an idea of how these clichés exist.

It is enjoyable and could be read in an afternoon, it's not particularly amazing writing(so I wouldn't recommend if you are poetry lover) but isn't a waste of time. It certainly won't be going straight to a charity shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish (Hardcover)

Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish
Love, Dishonor, Marry, Die, Cherish, Perish by David Rakoff (Hardcover - 16 July 2013)
14.58