5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, 2 Nov 2013
A. Price "Crime fan" (Oxford UK) - See all my reviews
I found it fascinating to hear Patrick's story in his own words (well in translation) - so relevant to our modern day

5.0 out of 5 stars Renewing, 22 Mar 2010
Steven R. McEvoy "MCWPP" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Confessions of St. Patrick and Letter to Coroticus (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a book I have read a few times now. Each time, I find it stirs me greatly both in thought and the desire for action. I would say that its greatest strength is that if you read it with an open heart and mind, you cannot but help to be stirred by the writings of this simple man who became a great bishop. I find that as I read it I have an ever-increasing desire to have my actions live up to my theology; to see the example of Patrick and strive to live it. I love St. Patrick's Rune or Lorica - Breastplate prayer, though I prefer Madeleine L'Engles' version from her book A Swiftly Tilting Planet. I memorized it years ago and still pray it often, though not as often as I should.

St. Patrick's Rune

"All heaven with its power
and the sun with its brightness and,
and the snow with its whiteness,
and the fire with all the strength it hath-
and lightning with its rapid wrath
and the winds with their swiftness along their path.
And the sea with its deepness,
and the rocks with their steepness
and the earth with its starkness-
all these I place
by God Almighty's help and grace
between myself and
the powers of darkness!"

I have never memorized the longer version found in this book, but really should. This book always reminds me to strive - to strive to listen to God, to strive to follow God and to strive to learn to be better at being.

Confessions of St. Patrick and Letter to Coroticus
Confessions of St. Patrick and Letter to Coroticus by Saint Patrick (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Mar 1998)