5.0 out of 5 stars Fill this in...and you've created history!, 23 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: To Our Children's Children: Journal of Family Memories (Hardcover)
I was pleased after opening my Amazon box~this was exactly what I needed. A Grandparent in the family wanted to know what they could give to us as a "Welcome Baby" gift for our son. I wanted not a 'purchased' gift...but one that would last for generations. I bought this book and mailed it to them asking for their gift of 'time'. It's a very big thing to ask someone to sit down and write out their life story. So I was grateful they were willing, and this book was a perfect tool! I saw the "book" version of this, not the journal, had many great reviews. This journal was all I needed. I didn't want to also ask my family to 'read' the how-to book as well. This book has plenty of thought provoking questions on each page, and plenty of room for the answers. So, it's great, for jumping right in and journaling! Great value too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, religion minimized though, 11 Jan 2005
Kurt A. Johnson (Marseilles, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This fun little book is a great starting point for making a family history that can be passed on to future generations. The book works by giving the family historian a series of questions that he or she can answer, thus making the basis for the history. Topics covered include such things as family and ancestry, careers, politics, and much more.
I really liked this book; it took me in directions that I never would have thought possible. Overall, though, I would only recommend this book as a starting point. For some reason, religion is covered with only a few questions in this book; while for some families it is much more important that such coverage would show.
That said, though, I do think that this is a very good book. If you want to tailor make a history of your own, then it is a good starting point. But, if you want to record a history merely by answering their questions, then this book will work very well for that, too. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 July 2010
This Journal is a must for all you geneologist's and scrapbookers, it asks the questions future generation of your family will want to know abot you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Journal of Family Memories, 15 Jan 2012
Bought it for friends who became parents at 45 years of age and therefore may quite possibly not be around to share their life memories with their grand children!

A lot of writing involved which filled them with dread as they're both school teachers!! However, for quite a few of the topics a photograph could suffice.

It's from the US so be prepared for Americanisms!!

To Our Children's Children: Journal of Family Memories
To Our Children's Children: Journal of Family Memories by D. G. Fulford (Hardcover - Nov 1998)