5.0 out of 5 stars Grendel's mother
I enjoyed this book. I listened to the audio version which may well be more fun than reading it.

Superb journey into the world of work. exposes how we sell our soul to the devil of work. We need the money and status... or so we think.

Published on 13 April 2008 by Dr. Peter Davies

Copy looks like it has been bound by hand and in sections so quite uneven and 'bodged' looking. None the less ok.
Published 1 month ago by alan dawes

5.0 out of 5 stars Grendel's mother, 13 April 2008
Dr. Peter Davies (Halifax, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Heart Aroused (Paperback)

Meanwhile deep underground lurks not only what we are afraid of, but worse still the mother of the thing of which we are afraid. Somewhere in all of us lurks that small voice, that wants to give the chief exec "ZERO" for all his or her idiotic plans. How many of us have the courage to do this at our workplace? How many of our workplaces need this?

This is a superb book about self discovery, and it can be done as well at work as anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read book!, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Heart Aroused (Paperback)
I love poetry and hate corporate America . . . or at least I thought I did. David Whyte transformed my view, bringing insight, spirituality and compassion to my heart and mind. I can't think of any place that needs spiritual transformation than corporate America. And because the corporate doors have opened to me, Whyte's book is a godsend guide to my journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eccellente!, 9 April 2014
Great book, it is reach of positive reflections on the way we should think about work and personal life balance

3.0 out of 5 stars Copy looks like it has been bound by hand and in sections ..., 16 Nov 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Tedious drivel, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Heart Aroused (Paperback)
I went on a training course and was given this to inspire me. It inspired me to dump it. Leave poetry to describe beauty, love, passion and the emotions. Business is about analysis and clarity, it's about honesty and fair dealing and, as Groucho Marx said, if you can fake those you've got it made. It is certainly not about having your head in the clouds and dreaming of a better tomorrow. This combination of subjects I enjoy apart just didn't work for me, like anchovies and ice cream, both wonderful alone but they don't go together.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great book, very slow delivery, 10 April 2013
I. Blackwood - See all my reviews
This is a great book to read and I bought this to replace one I lent to someone.The book was bought as used but I don't recall it advertised as a former library book, so the book has been very well used and is OK with all pages present but the spine is coming away from the main body. I chose a UK supplier to avoid long shipping delays but it turns out the book was sent from the US and took nearly 30 days to arrive.....

I'll be more careful next time!

The Heart Aroused
The Heart Aroused by David Whyte (Paperback - 6 Oct 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01