on 8 March 2001
This book is small and is probably the quickest book to read that I've come across (it takes about 10 minutes). However this should not detract from it and the story it contains is clever and quite neat, although I did see the "ending" coming. It would make an ideal small gift for someone who enjoys thinking about what can be done with their life.
on 30 July 1999
I read this book back in 1989 when a friend gave it to me as present. She new I was struggling with something in my life and I would not discuss the issue with her. I read the book quit a few times and got the message. I just need to be happy with who i am..Lori has ment so much to me as a friend. The issue that I struggled with was dealing with my sexuality. Once I realized that i need to focus on being happy with myself it made dealing with my sexuality much easier!!Lori holds a special place in my heart. She is what friendship is all about!!.
on 30 August 1999
This book is wonderful. It has a very simple and moving message. If you manage a work group or team of people, please read them this book. It is especially beneficial for a group of young people. Every year, I read it to a group of high school boys basketball players and the room is silent as I read. That's impact!
on 6 March 1999
I read this book thirteen years ago when a friend was in a coma in a hospital in Texas. Wherever you are in life, I think we could all use a little enlightenment that we are doing the 'right' things- or some direction on where to find these sought after 'untarnishable treasures' that make the joys more joyous and the pain worth it all in the adventure we call the human experience. This is a book for the handicapped, for the lost, the lonely, the numb, the bewildered, the confused, and yes... even for those who consider themselves to be well rounded and sucessful. Spencer Johnson has lived it, or he couldn't write it at the third grade reading level. He brings us all a little closer to that elusive me-I'm-glad-to-be person whether you are young or, old, rich or poor, happy or sad. You may be divorced, married, widowed/widower or single ...but the one thing you cannot remain after reading this book, is INDIFFERENT. After reading this book and incorporating it's message listen closely, and you'll likely hear someone say "Wow, I hope somday some one gives me..." well, you know. :-)
on 25 March 1999
This is such a great book. The beauty is that it packs its wonderful, powerful message into so few words that you can read the whole thing in 15 minutes. I found this book in the library last fall and have since given about 12 copies to friends and family. In the time it's taken you to get on line and read these reviews, you could've read the real thing. Please do.
on 25 July 1999
This book provided me with the wisdom and foresight to realize that not everything is obvious and given to us to utilize at first sight. It made me realize that we are not always observant - that we must look deeper at life's gifts and take advantage of what is given so freely to us.
on 22 May 1998
This aesthetically pleasing book was sitting on my friend's piano; I picked it up was not able to put it down. I read the entire book in twenty minutes and honestly came away with a better out look on life!! Since then I always keep a copy to give as a gift, it is the PERFECT gift for anyone that can read english :) !
on 17 May 1999
As a pastor, I like to give this book as a wedding or graduation gift. It's timeless wisdom is especially apropriate for those beginning a new path in their life journey.
on 6 October 2010
This book is not a one read and disguard, it is a forever book once on the shelf it should remain there. For it is about living in the moment, not the past, not the future. Once you reach a point in the journey through life you will find the precious present is not a book, yet in fact it is a moment, be it sad or happy, life is about understanding the book and grasping the simple act that may have eluded you all your life.
Living in the here and now and not doing any more than that.
I have bought this book 3 times. one for me and one for each of my friends as they reach the moment in their lives that they start to question their life.
It is an esy to read book that should be read in a quiet and peaceful moment.
kind wishes to everyone.
on 23 May 2010
Basically this book is saying that we have everything we need in the present moment if we did but realise it. We just have to tune into it and listen to what NOW is saying. An easy read, a simple message but for most of us a difficult message to understand and practise.

Sometimes the simplest message or parable is the hardest to understand.

Now is the only moment we have - it is precious. Live it with full awareness.

A gift that should appeal to many.