4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best Lescroart yet.
Published on 18 Sept. 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars OK for the beach, just about !!!!
Published on 15 Aug. 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the best Lescroart yet., 18 Sept. 2000
By A Customer
I am a fan of John T Lescroart, although I haven't yet read all of his books. I read a lot of crime/legal fiction, and sometimes the plot just wraps up too nicely to be convincing. I then get impatient that I have wasted my time on such a book, and vow not to read any more. I did NOT feel disappointed in this one. Great attention was given to the plot, the details, and the emotions of the characters - even the 'baddies' came across as something other than two-dimensional stereotypes. I was kept guessing until close to the end (a rare thing these days)- what more could you ask for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dialogues, intricate and moving plot - a must read., 18 Sept. 2000
By A Customer
This is the first book of John Lescroart I have read but it won't be the last. Anyone trying to juggle a personal life with a demanding workload will sympathise with our hero, Dismas Hardy, who finds himself, against his better judgement, trying to clear the name of a man his wife seems to have developed relationship with. She has promised the man not to tell anyone something he has confided with her. Just what the relationship between this man and his wife is has to be pushed to the back boiler until Hardy gets to the bottom of whodunnit!
The plot quickly develops into a one of political intrigue with a court scene at the end forcing a confession out of the murderer Perry Mason style.
The thing I enjoyed most was the dialogue between him and his best friend, Abe Glitsky, who also happens to be Chief of Homicide. Very enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as ever, 26 Oct. 2009
J. Page "Book worm" (UK) - See all my reviews
Nothing but the truth lived up to my expectations of this marvellous author. John T Lescroart is a relatively recent find of mine and I am reading my way through his Dismas Hardy books. They never disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Nov. 2014
I think that it is his best book yet. A great start and the plot just thickens and thickens.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK for the beach, just about !!!!, 15 Aug. 2001
By A Customer
I had'nt read any Lescroart before this and dont think I'll be bothering to read any more. A reasonable read, but ultimately pretty corny with the baddies all punished and our hero committed to regenerating himself as a "new man" and not neglecting his family any more. The problem is that I really did'nt care as his family barely seemed worth it, so thinly and predictably were they sketched, and the dilemma just came over as very cliched. A "thriller-by-numbers" - theres a lot better stuff than this around !

Nothing but the Truth (Dismas Hardy)
Nothing but the Truth (Dismas Hardy) by John T. Lescroart (Hardcover - Jan. 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01