4.0 out of 5 stars A new and innovative take on Victorian romance

Published on 17 Aug. 2005

4.0 out of 5 stars A new and innovative take on Victorian romance, 5 April 2002
Monica J (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ritual of Proof (Hardcover)
I really enjoyed this book. It was about a society on a distant planet that was quite similiar to our Victorian English society. However, the difference was women held all the power. It revealed some of the ridiculous societal customs we took for granted. I loved the fact that the author didn't hold back, giving the woman everything men traditionally had in that society, including a lover before marriage. Great read. Looking forward to a sequel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eager For More....., 2 Jan. 2004
I picked up this book expecting something lukewarm, but instead was singed by the heat. Absolutely brilliant. The hero did not lose his masculinity despite being 'the weaker sex'. I laughed, cried and got steamy with the characters and when I had finished wished I had another book on similar lines. My sisters are queuing to read this. More please.

5.0 out of 5 stars ROLE REVERSAL, 9 Aug. 2002
A stunning romance set on a distant planet, in the future.Women now have the power, men are the weaker sex! Men are now the ones sold off to the highest bidder in arranged marriages. Green makes a wonderful heroine, & Jorlan is just to sexy for words. This book will make you steam a little and it will make you laugh. Dara Joy has done it again, a truly wonderful book, this one is a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars EDGE OF YOUR SEAT STUFF!!!, 23 July 2004
Oh yes - now this is what you call a romance book. I couldn't put this down, and it rivals Johanna Lindsey's books for keeping the reader interested. The characters were very strong, and the storyline made you really believe what you were reading - along with some steamy pages to get you hot under the collar. Another great book and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different approach but great book, 1 Aug. 2004
Romreader "pawsperson" (Gosport, Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Ritual of Proof (Hardcover)
Thought it was going to be a 'book by numbers' but it is brill. I really liked the role reversal that was really the main theme for the book. I also thought that it was funny and sensual. I will look forward to more books on the same lines, and hope that they are all as good. Please bring out more books like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars the worm has turned, 19 Jun. 2001
This review is from: Ritual of Proof (Hardcover)
Found this book to be highly amusing. The worm has turned scenario proved to be captivating and amusing. Looking at a world which has females as the agressors and males playing the virginal debutantes was a refreshing look at an old subject.
Well written as always, the characters were brought to life - warts and all.
Am looking forward to the next in this new series.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the funniest romances I read, 28 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Ritual of Proof (Hardcover)
I did love it all along,
the idea is hilarious,
the role reversal is great,
and the interactions, so well written, I could not put it down, and read it again a few times later,

1.0 out of 5 stars AN IMPOSTER SURELY, 17 Aug. 2005
By A Customer
I cannot believe that one of my favourite authors has written this utter tosh. Someone has taken a third rate regency , changed the genders round and published the end result under Dara Joy's name. Please Dara - sue whoever put this book out. Bring out another book quick that has all the qualities of your earlier titles. I binned this effort. This has a one star rating because there is no zero or minus rating option.

Ritual of Proof
Ritual of Proof by Dara Joy (Hardcover - Jun. 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01