The Marriage Lesson
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:£6.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 23 December 2012
Enjoyed this novel, pace was good & didn't go off track as some do with the story line. Well worth the read
on 27 October 2001
I purchased this book after reading Victoria Alexander's "The Husband List". I have to say it is one of the most fantastic books I have read recently! Everything about this book is so well done it makes it into a work of art. The characterisation, of major and minor characters, is strong, real and consistent. I felt like they were all my friends and I fell in love with not only the hero and heroine but other characters throughout the exciting adventure. The pacing was fast, it never slowed or became boring. It kept my heart beating quickly with the adrenaline that the words invoked in me forcing me to keep on turning the pages and not put the book down. The story line was extremely well thought out and very well written. There were many twists and turns that popped up when I wasn't expecting them giving me a thrill and I now have a sense of awe at the wonderful imagination that Victoria must have. I felt drawn into the book, living alongside the characters in the scene I was reading. I smiled most of the way through the book and laughed my head off more than actually reading a humorous book.
This is a very witty, charming and exceptionally wonderful book. I can't wait to find out which characters will feature in future books by Victoria Alexander. The only problem with this book was that once I started reading it I couldn't put it down.
on 10 December 2003
This is the first book I have read by this author, and I enjoyed it immensly, will be trying out some of her books.
It is a very amusing little tale, with excellent interplay between the lead characters, finely supported by a cast of amusing extras.
The self-analysis of our heroine/hero's feeling for one another is kept to a minimum, not pages as in some I have read, allowing much more time for excellent interactions between all the characters.
Thomas Effington is a lovely, and Marianne is a witty, feisty young lady.
Well worth a read.