5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow-up to "The Abduction of Julia"
This book is great. I eagaly awaited it's release, and I was not dissapointed. The story is fast paced, and well-written. The characters are well developed and only wrote in to aid with the plot. Every character is individual and unique; which is refreshing nowadays. All in all, a great book and a great story.
Published on 26 April 2001 by R. F. Gillon

3.0 out of 5 stars a good book, but not great
Published on 4 Dec 2003 by Andriana

3.0 out of 5 stars a good book, but not great, 4 Dec 2003
This review is from: A Belated Bride (Mass Market Paperback)
In short, this was a good book. A good read but it wasn't fantastic. At some points I found it quite difficult to concentrate on it. The story line was alright - Lucien was a really great guy - He wasn't your typical hero because he didn't run from love or commitment even when he was twenty! Bella was also a good character but I found her a bit annoying at times (I can't marry him cos he doesn't want to really...blah blah blah), but on the whole I liked her too. She was a strong character and all her emotions where shown brilliantly. The best thing about this book is that it made me laugh! It was really quite funny at parts! Disapointments? Apart from the ones I've already mentioned I think the love scenes were also a bit of a disapointment - they got me quite bored because I didn't think there was much feeling in them.
Basically if your in the mood for a good, light read this is the book for you: Its funny and has very well-made characters.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and sloppy, 6 Mar 2004
This review is from: A Belated Bride (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this book because it had good reviews and was left feeling cheated, and frankly, disappointed in the review system. I thought this was an appalling book-and very poor on historical accuracy. Barons are not adressed as Sir, Regency dukes do not do household repairs and muck out stables, and the word gotten crops up far too often-I don't think this author would recognise real historical research if it jumped up and bit her! Furthermore, I quickly got fed up with the two main characters lusting after each others backsides, breasts etc-it disguises(very poorly) an incredibly thin plot and lack of any real sexual tension. Save your money and buy Karen Marie Moning instead-at least she reseaches her books properly and writes a good story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow-up to "The Abduction of Julia", 26 April 2001

A Belated Bride
A Belated Bride by Karen Hawkins (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Nov 2008)
6.22