5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired lunacy
Did you know that Noah postponed his death for 800 years by convincing a sympathetic Angel of Death that he (Noah) was behind in his paperwork? Such is one of the fascinating factoids found in LAMB, the story of Christ's life as told by his life-long best bud Biff, otherwise known as Levi, son of Alphaeus and Naomi of Nazareth.
Biff, so nick-named for the daily slaps...
Published on 12 April 2003 by Mr. Joe

3.0 out of 5 stars A book of two halves
I enjoyed more the first part of the book, that described our heroes' studies away from home. The tone of that part of the book was lighter and more entertaining, raising quite a few laughs and chuckles. The narrative style seemed to change once the characters returned home, becoming less flippant as the story had to fit with other accounts of the events of that time...
Published on 17 Nov. 2011 by Mark Dyer

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars lamb for dinner??, 20 Dec. 2013
Christine (Newcastle on tyne) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
Actually breakfast, lunch AND dinner... Couldn't put it down. Brilliantly written & fantastically funny. Found myself laughing out loud on an airplane! Neatly interwoven "fact" and fiction. 33 is my new favorite number...

5.0 out of 5 stars This story by Moore is just awesome! I am a fan and I only became ..., 20 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Paperback)
This story by Moore is just awesome! I am a fan and I only became a bigger fan after reading this. Without disclosing anything, it has a different take on it all! Read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNY, 1 Sept. 2013
Angel (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put it down. Loved it. what an amazing creative writing. As a Christian i have often wondered what Jesus did between 12 and 30 Now i Know.

4.0 out of 5 stars funny book with a number of sincerely laugh out loud ..., 4 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Paperback)
Well written, well paced, the ending was just a bit flat for me, but overall a tight, funny book with a number of sincerely laugh out loud moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Funny, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I thought the book was excellent, very funny and a really enjoyable story. I read the whole thing in 3 sittings I was so engrossed in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
i was doubtful about reading this being non religious, but it turned out to be a stunning read. highly recommended, very funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband loved this book I haven't read it yet I've downloaded ..., 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
My husband loved this book I haven't read it yet I've downloaded it to my kindle my husband highly recomends it though

5.0 out of 5 stars Good humourous novel, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Paperback)
Bought as a gift after much research for a humourous book. Am told it's very funny and not dreadfully irreverent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
Very clever and very funny really enjoyed this book plenty of laugh out loud moments through out this funny story.

5.0 out of 5 stars It could really have happened this way, 1 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Lamb: A Novel (Paperback)
Possibly one of the funniest books I have ever read. The concept is original, the writing fluid and compelling.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore (Paperback - 1 Feb. 2003)
Used & New from: £0.09