4.0 out of 5 stars story of Jeff

Published on 20 Feb 2004 by C. L. Skelton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good although not as good as her stuff of old, 20 Feb 2004
C. L. Skelton "chezmite" (Carshalton, London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Season Beyond a Kiss (Mass Market Paperback)
I did generally enjoy this book although I do agree that it does not hold a candle to some of her earlier books (especially Ashes in The Wind). However I would recomend any lover of the romance genre to try this book, as it certainly is no worse than some of the books out there. Indeed I feel I was only slightly dissappointed at the story because I compared it too much to the previous books I had read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing at best, 29 Jan 2001
By A Customer
Unfortunately, as the years have passed, Kathleen Woodiwiss has dissappointed me time after time. After reading books such as: Shanna, The Wolf and the Dove, The Flame and the Flower, I expected if not better, certainly the same quality and intrigue as those. That's not the case in this book. The book was dull, unexciting and certainly the plot had no "meat" whatsoever. It was unbelievable and I really had to work to finish the book (mainly because I paid for it). I don't recommend it to anyone who has read the books above mentioned, I guarantee they will be utterly dissappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars story of Jeff, 9 Feb 2011
Mrs. A. Wright "wright0072" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: A Season Beyond a Kiss (Mass Market Paperback)
Glad to read the story of Jeff. I was always sorry that the meeting with Raelyn was only a short story in 4 weddings and a Kiss and felt he was such a good character that he deserved more. I think that the book would have been more cohesive if the meeting had been the beginning of a Season Beyond a Kiss thus making one book. I loved the characters of Jeff and Raelyn and of course it was great to meet Brandon and Heather and see how they were all doing. You can pick up a little of their story later in The Elusive Flame.
If Im being honest I thought the plot heavy and slow going but the characters lifted it slightly. I rate it 4 stars because of these characters as I think Ms Woodiwiss does excellent characterisations but I think the plot lets them down

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put the book down brilliant I want more, 20 July 2014
brilliant couldn't put the book down, I didn't want the story to end. after reading the wolf and the dove and the flower and the flame again I read them many years ago in the 1980's and loved all the books I had of Katharine Woodiwise and have been trying for many years to find them again. Now at the age of 60 I have discovered the world of e-books and there is my favourite author of all times what a wonderful year this is turning into as I have found old favourites and what looks like new ones, thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars following the Birmingham saga, 29 Jun 2013
I enjoyed following the Birmingham saga I have read a number of Kathleen's books and I enjoy them more being able to carry them around

5.0 out of 5 stars A season beyond a kiss, 18 Jun 2013
I have read and re-read almost all of Kathleen Woodiwiss books takes you back to an era where passion and romance is as wild as your imagination takes you .... hard to put down

3.0 out of 5 stars A holiday read., 7 May 2013
Not up to Kathleen Woodwiss's usual standard as there seems to be lots of 'padding' and the heroine is a bit pathetic.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Kathleen Woodiwiss Books they are all good stories romance and adventure, 13 Jan 2013
as above I enjoy reading them over and over again .They are good value for money if you like historical romance these are books for you

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring!!, 2 Mar 2009
This review is from: A Season Beyond a Kiss (Mass Market Paperback)
Disappointing - What a waste of a hero hotty lumbered with a silly simpering dimwit of a heroine - his brother was much luckier in his choice of bride (the Flame and the flower) and the story of his nephew (The Elusive Flame)are certainly worth a read.Give this one a miss!

A Season Beyond a Kiss
A Season Beyond a Kiss by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss (Mass Market Paperback - 4 Oct 2007)
6.44