TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 January 2011
I finished this book feeling somewhat in awe of a very sincere and hard working man. As far as an autobiography is concerned it is extremely light on detail after about 1970. However the stories of his early years growing up on cotton plantations and his first twenty years in the music business are rivetting. His musical interests are more catholic than you might expect and he is almost the only musician I've ever read about who didn't mess up with drugs. As often with these kind of books the musical detail is fascinating and he got me listening to Count Basie and Bukka White to name but two.

There are also some heartbreaking and interesting stories about racism. Mr King has a firm commitment to a turn the other cheek approach and is a good spokesman for it.
on 20 June 2015
I bought this for my husband and he loves it.
on 6 July 2015
Best music autobiography I've read
on 27 November 2009
Detailed autobiography , easy to read , left me feeling a bit sorry for BB .
on 30 October 2015
A man of great humility. Enjoyed his life story immensely.
on 1 September 2015
A great read. daviD Ritz does huge justice to the legend.
on 3 August 2015
Well written and a very interesting read.
on 23 July 2015
Great read. very informative.
on 12 August 2015
Excellent
on 18 February 2015
Good
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse