4.0 out of 5 stars A Funny, Well-Written Romantic Read
"Baby I'm Yours" is a sizzling book. "Be My Baby" comes close but not quite to recapturing the magic of BIY. Sure, BMB is red-hot, with crackling, snappy, witty repartees that will get everyone chuckling and chortling.
Published on 26 Feb 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As BIY
Published on 2 Sep 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A Funny, Well-Written Romantic Read, 26 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Be My Baby (Avon Light Contemporary Romances) (Mass Market Paperback)
However, the pace of BMB is slightly uneven. The heroine is well-fleshed and likeable, but the hero... he may be charming, but frankly, a guy who chases after the dream of bedding every Baby 36DD in New Orleans can't be too mature - I was actually gaping at his silly notions. Luckily just when I was about to give up on him, he turns around and redeems himself.
One thing, Susan Andersen is really a wonderful writer. She has it down to pat - great dialogue, realistic atmosphere (one can feel the heat of New Orleans, I tell ya), and a way with plots.
Sure, this one has a rather weak suspense plot, but this is, after all, a romance. But the day Susan Andersen decides to join the ranks of suspense writers ala Evanovich, I'm still buying.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As BIY, 2 Sep 1999
By A Customer
I loved "Baby, I'm Yours," so I couldn't wait to read Be My Baby. Well, it's pretty good, but neither of the leading characters were very appealing. Beau, in particular, was just too much of a Neandrethal for my taste. I did enjoy some of the minor characters, but no one was as developed as in BIY. The pace was fast, but at the expense of quality. I will continue to read this author, but this book is not a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars easily as good as baby im yours. in fact i liked it better!, 14 July 2007
The storyline here is of a high society "princess" Juliet and down 'n' dirty cop Beauregard. Juliet recieved what her father percieves as a threatening letter and while she is in New Orleans preparing their newest acquisition for their hotel chain business he makes the acting chief put one of his officers on guarding her. Bo has almost finished taking care of his three sisters and dreams of sleeping with every woman in New Orleans, (I know, but he's a guy!). when he meets Juliet he pegs her as a high society princess, never a smudge, never a smear, and since he wants to get of the detail he resolves to drive her to ask for someone else by taking her to some of New Orleans hot, sticky strip clubs. What he finds is Juliet is not as she seems. Let the battle begin...

Overall i loved this book, i couldnt put it down. it has wit, sizzling chemistry, believable, loveable characters and an ending so lovely you wish you could have an overview of the rest of their life. definitely oen to buy, not to rent.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT! HOT! STEAMY! A KEEPER FOR SURE!, 17 May 1999
By A Customer
I read "Baby I'm yours" and decided then that I loved Susan Anderson's writing and that she would join my small group of authors that I consider good enough to keep in my library.There are some writers out there that have a natural sense of what readers want and they make reading FUN. Ms. Anderson is one of those writers."Be my baby" kept me entertained from the first page to the last.I hope that she keeps up the good work because she is one author that I will continue to buy her books.If you happen to read this Ms. Anderson please don't change a thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner, 29 Jan 1999
By A Customer
Juliet Rose Astor Lowell leaves her beloved Boston to oversee the renovation of her family's New Orleans Garden Crown Hotel. However, when the company receives a threatening letter over opening the Big Easy hotel, Juliet's father arranges for her to receive local police protection. Juliet is extremely disappointed because she was looking forward to some enjoyment without the ever watching eyes of her grandmother. However, compared to her baby sitter, Juliet finds the police protection a lark.
Sergeant Beau Dupree wants off the inane assignment. He decides to act disgusting and depraved in an attempt to have Juliet ask his superior to remove him. Beau accompanied by Juliet searches for clues in burlesque shows. However, he changes his mind when he realizes a real assailant is trying to kill his charge. As he suddenly takes this job seriously, Beau and Juliet fall in love with one another. Still, if he manages to keep them alive, can a lasting relationship form between the cop and the staid northerner?
Anyone who peruses BE MY BABY will want to locate other works (see BABY I'M YOURS) from the sassy word processor of Susan Anderson. The jocular story line is witty and sexy, a rare combination that only the best can produce. The lead protagonists are a humorous duet, who will foster reader attention. With more novels like this, Ms. Anderson will be recognized as the champion of the riposte, heated romance novel.

Harriet Klausner

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, 10 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I was expecting Susan Andersen's next book to be as fast-paced and funny as "Baby I'm Yours" (which is one of the very best romance books I've ever read). All I can say is that this one didn't measure up. It was just "okay"--worth reading, but not much to get excited about.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!!, 17 Feb 1999
By A Customer
After reading Baby I'm Yours I became a true Susan Anderden fan. Her style is so wonderfully original, that I had to read anything of hers that I could find. When Be My Baby came out I went straight to the store and bought it. I started it that night and finished it the following morning. I adored it!! It was even better than Baby I'm Yours. Juliet and Beau were delightful characters as were the others in the book. Their chemistry is perfect and they complement each other so very well. I love New Orleans, so that the book was set there was another plus. Only the background of N'Awlins could possibly carry off this plot so pefectly. This is by far one of the best books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. READ IT, if you haven't already!!!!! Also check out Baby I'm Yours!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT HOT HOT!!!, 12 May 1999
By A Customer
I read this one first but I guess this was her second write. I really enjoyed the plot, the conflict between the characters, and the romance was hot! If you want a good love story read Lindsey. If you want a modern story with a steamy romance, read Brown. But if you want hot, no-holds-barred, REALISM between two consenting adults who know what they want and don't care to demand it, read Andersen. I don't know if these (Be My Baby and Baby, I'm Yours) are her only work but I will be looking for more. I have only found three writers (Sandra Brown, Linda Howard, and Susan Andersen) who put out books that are real enough to happen to anyone. (And what's wrong with a macho man losing control enough to utter the F-word in the throws of passion?) That's romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars be by baby, 8 Jun 2005
enjoyed this book so much. found the charaters both funny and believeable. Orignal story line about a cop and upper class girl in the big easy, new orleans. if never read susan's books before this is a good one to start with.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot better than Baby I'm Yours!, 22 Jun 1999
By A Customer
Can I just say that I don't understand readers that liked BIY better? Personally, I rather thought the characters in BMB a lot better developped as well as the relationship easier to follow. Otherwise, I'd still appreciate if Ms. Andersen invented a hero who doesn't drag his lady around by the arm all the time and treats her without the tiniest bit of respect, which SHE seems to find irresistibly sexy nonetheless... Realism, fine with me, but the modern neolithic male is starting to seriously irritate me. To say it with Elizabeth Lowell's words: Nice doesn't mean spineless

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Be My Baby (Avon Light Contemporary Romances)
Be My Baby (Avon Light Contemporary Romances) by Susan Andersen (Mass Market Paperback - 20 Aug 2012)
6.16