5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense, chemistry, HOT hero. What more do you want?
Published on 24 May 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Too Much "Romance 101"
Published on 6 Feb 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars A Little Too Much "Romance 101", 6 Feb 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Baby I'm Yours (Avon Light Contemporary Romances) (Mass Market Paperback)
While "Baby, I'm Yours" is entertaining enough to hold a reader's attention, there are some passages that appear to have been constructed using a "Guide for Writing Romance". It is absurd for the author to expect us to believe that when a man enters a woman's home and threatens her with a gun, she's going to notice "his strength", yet "Baby, I'm Yours" is full of scenarios in which Catherine, the heroine, notices Sam's physical attributes and inner appeal when she would really be trying to escape his clutches. Yes, this is a romance novel. Yes, we expect conflict and tension between our couple. But in this book, the attraction these two characters feel for one another pops up in places where it should not, giving the book a contrived sense about it. Also, at one point, Catherine has a chance to flee from Sam and just like they must teach in Romance 101 classes, she becomes a silly female and remains stuck in her predicament. The worst we have to face is Catherine's ludicrous request that Sam shoot a spider with the little bit of ammunition they have. Again, we are to find it "precious" that she wants protection from a spider in any old, silly, aren't-I-just-vulnerable?, female way she can get it. There is no depth of character, Sam is an unattractive, bratty male, and her subplots (Kaylee and Bobby; Gary back in Florida) are so much better-woven than the main plot, that one is left starving for those characters to creep back up and take over from the boredom that Catherine and Sam provide. In short, the story is too skeletal: The author hits on all of the Romance 101 keys but leaves us wanting a story we can sink our teeth into.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense, chemistry, HOT hero. What more do you want?, 24 May 1999
By A Customer
I guess everyone has his/her own taste, but I don't understand anyone giving this book a negative review! It was a fast, fun read with witty dialogue and major heat between the two main characters. I found it to be innovative and touching. I contacted the author to tell her how much I've enjoyed her writing and was delighted to receive a quick response. She was very pleasant and funny and gracious. Keep 'em coming, Susan!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great author returns with a terrific story, 6 April 1998
By A Customer
Bounty hunter Sam Mckade spots Kaylee MacPherson jumping bail as the beautiful woman leaves Miami aboard a plane to Seattle. Sam realizes that the recovery fee will provide him a down payment on some land he wants to buy. He follows her to Seattle where he promptly handcuffs her to take back by Greyhound) the runaway. However, the woman insists that she is a local schoolteacher named Catherine, Kaylee's twin. Sam refuses to believe the far fetched tale.
On the way back to Miami, Sam is surprised by "Kaylee's" intelligence and Catherine is shocked by his tenderness. The real Kaylee knows that she has inadvertently left her sibling in a life threatening situation because her former employer Hector Sanchez will do anything to make sure that she does not reveal his secrets. She and her boyfriend must rescue her sister, who has fallen in love with her abductor, before any harm occurs to Catherine.
Think IT HAPPENED ONE NIGHT and add on top of that a criminal element and the reader has the romantic comedy/suspense, BABY, I'M YOURS. The novel is a brilliantly written combination of those thirties madcap comedies and the nineties sensual sexuality. The charming characters are all fun to read about as Susan Anderson has written on of the best comical contemporary romances of the year.
Harriet Klausner

1.0 out of 5 stars Silly plot, shallow characters, foul language is distracting, 20 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I kept reading this book against my better judgement. While it moved fast, I did not find the characters appealing or sensitive. In fact, they seemed cheap and certainly went well with the venues of the story. This book may appeal to those who like the tabloid talk shows, but to the readers who enjoy the gentile and refined characters of the more classy romances, this book is NOT for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my Goodness, 9 Jun 2004
Toaorp (California, USA) - See all my reviews
oh my goodness, this is a must have! I definately always have at least one copy on my shelves and am always lending others out to my friends. The charactors are absolutly hilarious, not to mention believeable, and I couldn't help laughing out loud, almost every page. It was a heartwarming story, and most definately entertaining, I most definately give this amazing book, two big thumbs up! SMILE

5.0 out of 5 stars I have never read Susan Anderson before...., 2 Jun 1998
By A Customer
I am truly hooked on this author. This book was GREAT. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. The twin story line was hysterical! I was wondering how long it was going to take for Sam to finally realize that he had the WRONG girl. I am on my way to the library to see if they have any more of her books. She reminds me a lot of Susan Elizabeth Phillips. The style is so similiar that I could swear that they are the same person. Do you think they at least know each other?

4.0 out of 5 stars fun to read, hard to put down, 20 Jan 1999
By A Customer
The story line is unreal-but hey- I don't read this kind of book for anything but pleasure. After a hard day's work, it is an indulgence that screams "I am worth it". The sex scenes were nice and hot! I would definitely try to read other books by this Author-but I don't think she has any others out yet. But, I will keep my eyes open for them. So, if you are looking for a great book to unwind with and put a smile on your face, then buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Anderson made me laugh out loud..., 12 May 1998
By A Customer
Mistaken identies are always a good story, yet when you throw in tempers and subborness it makes for hysterical dialog. Susan Anderson brings you to the proverbial "fly on the wall" status as the reader, you know it all...And you pull for Catherine to come out of her shell and for Sam to realize it's her and not Kaylee before it's too late. I enjoyed the dual developments of Kaylee and Catherine with their men. I couldn't put it down, because I love books that make me laugh out loud...

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amusing and Romantic Novel, 12 May 1998
By A Customer
Having never read a Susan Andersen book before, my attention was caught by the unusual cover. Thinking nothing to lose, I bought the book and prepared to read "just a couple of chapters before going to sleep." Well forget the sleep, I finished the book through the wee hours of the morning. It was funny, a warm love story and had a plot - sometimes hard to find in romance novels today. "Baby, I 'm Yours" is an easy reading book and will be enjoyed by all romance novel enthusiasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Starts fast, stays strong, 100% enjoyment!!!, 27 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Susan Andersen had me hooked after reading her most recent book "Be My Baby" so I immediately came back and picked up "Baby, I'm Yours". I knew I wouldn't be disappointed if she was endorsed by one of my favorite authors -Susan Elizabeth Phillips. Boy, can these Susan's write!!! You will immediately get pulled into the drama and she won't disappoint you. The characters are colorful, strong, and witty. Plan to enjoy every page.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Baby I'm Yours (Avon Light Contemporary Romances)
Baby I'm Yours (Avon Light Contemporary Romances) by Susan Andersen (Mass Market Paperback - 20 Aug 1999)
4.70