4.0 out of 5 stars Well Written, Too Much Kissing!
Published on 12 Jun. 2011 by Kippy

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was free.
The writing was reasonable, although the free Kindle edition was marred by a couple of typos.

Published on 22 May 2011 by volone

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was free., 22 May 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)

I just couldn't empathise with the Lisa character; certainly she'd been through some bad things, but honestly, I've encountered more emotionally mature 3 year-olds and by halfway, she was just irritating me, along with her selfish friend who simply upped and left her children behind.

No, it was readable, but not inspiring, for me at least.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well Written, Too Much Kissing!, 12 Jun. 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
I quite enjoyed this book, particularly the maternal aspects of it. Both Lisa and Maggie seemed very real to me, perhaps because I'm in the middle of toddlerdom right now. Both of these characters grabbed my heart and made me want to find out what happens to them, a sure sign of well-written characters. However, some of the supporting characters, such as Lisa's fiance, were less believable and could have used more fleshing out.

Of course, the storyline is a bit happily-ever-after, but as this is the point of this type of book, it seems a bit churlish to fault it.

The one thing that really got on my nerves, however, was Nick and his kissing. Goodness sakes! You're furious at the woman who walked out on you, and you keep giving her these jaw-dropping, knee-weakening kisses. Why? Sexual attraction and tension I understand, but Nick was certainly over the top, almost schizophrenic at times.

A fun beach read, with well-developed main characters and an interesting, if predictable, plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars could not put it down, 16 Jun. 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
Such a good story and very easy reading. Although you could guess the ending, you just had to find out how they got there. Looking for more of Barbara Freethy books now

3.0 out of 5 stars Sentimental mush, 17 Aug. 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
Sorry, it was predicatable mush and I enjoy a chick flick like anyone. Ok for a freebie, can not complain but I did not have to engage and brain cells to get to the inevitable conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Summer Read, 12 July 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
I truly enjoyed this book. It is full of suspense, romance, and laughter. Hard to put down =) A must read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable story, with all too predictable ending, 1 Jun. 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
I quite enjoyed the general story line of this book, but I really do think that the ending was all too predictable.

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy and really enjoyable read - well worth trying, 26 Nov. 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
This book was very easy to read and believable. Good story line and characters were both strong and real. All in it was a good choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars enjoyable. easy read, 23 Aug. 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
I have to agree with previous reviews that the story was predicatable, but I still really enjoyed reading it. It was moving and heartwarming, and free.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Summer Read, 19 Aug. 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
Just finished this book and read it in one sitting (lazy day), I did enjoy it even though you know from very early on what the ending was going to be. It was an enjoyable summer read romance with a little bit of mystery thrown in with maggie's character. I love happy endings anyway :)made me think i was watching one of those soppy romantic films you'd watch on an afternoon on tv.

3.0 out of 5 stars two true loves or is it three?, 23 July 2011
This review is from: One True Love (Kindle Edition)
I am a sucker for a tear jerking romance, so I enjoyed this story.
Obviously it isn't a great work of literature, but it is a pleasing example of it's genre.
Nick and Lisa/Elisabeth divorce because they can't come to terms with their daughter's cot death. They meet eight years later when Nick's widowed sister needs support. The conclusion to their reunion is inevitable. However I was far more interested in Maggie's search for Serena, and her attempts to discover the truth about her marriage.
I am intrigued about what actually happened between Raymond (Elisabeth's boss/fiance) and his business rival Barbara.

One True Love
One True Love by Barbara Freethy (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01