4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining fluff
Published on 29 Sep 2004 by Jane Garrett

2.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as her other books...
Published on 9 April 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining fluff, 29 Sep 2004
This review is from: Lady be Good (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
Lady Emma Wells-Finch needs to create a scandal to deter the dastardly Ducal suitor who is blackmailing her into marriage. Kenny Traveler, professional golf player, needs to keep his nose clean to overturn his ban from the professional circuit. What follows is a comedy of cross purposes. I quite liked the style Susan Elizabeth Phillips uses-it is not realistic, but it is funny, and I found myself laughing out loud at some of their antics.This book won't change your life, but it is an entertaining read!

4.0 out of 5 stars A funny, heartwarming book!, 6 Aug 1999
This review is from: Lady be Good (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have been a fan of Susan Elizabeth Phillips since I first read It Had to be You several years ago. I have since read all her books and Fancy Pants is my favorite. I was so happy to see the characters of Dallie and Francine back in this new golf story. As always, Ms. Phillips entertains us with a light-hearted, witty romance that is hard to put down. I thought Lady Emma and "Kinny" were adorable and loved the secondary characters of Dexter and Torie. I can't wait for a story featuring Dallie and Francine's son, Ted Beaudine. Please hurry, Ms. Phillips, your fans are anxiously awaiting a book about him!

5.0 out of 5 stars As a first impression, it was great!, 29 July 1999
This review is from: Lady be Good (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
I've been hearing what a great author SEP is, and after all the hype I picked up the first book of hers I had available to me. I couldn't be more pleased. Throughout "Lady, Be Good" I was laughing my head off! From the first page, where Kenny pretends to be a rodeo champion, I didn't stop laughing. If this was not one of SEP's best, I can't wait to read the rest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, delightful - without a doubt a favorite!!, 9 Feb 1999
This review is from: Lady be Good (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
It is impossible to read this book and not find yourself grinning and laughing. Even in public places when I was trying to be inconspicuous - I found myself grinning like a fool and chuckling. People around me tried to see what I was reading! My children begged me to let them in on the humor. The only complaint you will have about author Susan Elizabeth Phillips is that she needs to publish more! She will not only have you thoroughly enjoying the main characters Emma and Kenny but she will entertain you with the antics and relationships of the "supporting cast" of Torie and Dexter. She brought back old favorites - Francesca and Dallie Beaudine. No one does a better job of offering greating subplots while keeping the main story at peak entertainment. Please, Susan, more books!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 21 July 1999
This review is from: Lady be Good (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
This book kept me reading all day! I absolutly loved it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as her other books..., 9 April 1999
This review is from: Lady be Good (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read most of SEP's books and I loved them, especially Nobody's Baby but Mine and Dream a Little Dream. But I found this book did not even come close to her earlier books. While some parts where funny, for the most part I thought the book was a drag. And Emma's character did not interest me much. I prefered the characters of Tori and Dex than to the main characters! Overall, not as good as her earlier reads. If you really want to read some of Susan Elizabeth Phillips best works try those!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is SEP's best book yet, 3 Jan 1999
This review is from: Lady be Good (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
It's not very often that a book so highly anticipated not only meets, but surpasses expectations. The story of a woman who is willing to do almost anything to soil her reputation meeting up with a man who has to hold onto his reputation may not sound original, but boy, SEP delivers in Spades. Emma and Kenny are characters that are easy to love. Add to that a wickedly sexy secondary romance between Kenny's would-be trashy sister, Torie, and geek-from-heaven Dexter O'Conner, the reappearance of Dallie and Francesca (from Fancy Pants) and this story is truly a character driven delight. Get yourself to the bookstore quick, because Lady Be Good is not just sweet and lovely, but a most wonderful read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Lady be Good (Avon Romance) (Mass Market Paperback)
It was hard to get into at first but when the true plot and characters emerged I was gripped! Would definitely recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars This Woman...., 9 April 2014
This review is from: Lady Be Good (Kindle Edition)
This woman wouldn't be able to Write a bad book if she tried! Of course you should purchase this. It's THAT good!

5.0 out of 5 stars highly entertaining, 5 April 2014
This review is from: Lady Be Good (Kindle Edition)
Charming, funny, quirky characters, who were larger than life but surprisingly real. Loved little Pettie. Great author & great characters.

Lady be Good (Avon Romance)
Lady be Good (Avon Romance) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Feb 1999)
4.69