5.0 out of 5 stars Great book exciting but where oh where is the next one!
Great story not as exciting as the thrid Competitions. But I am more then willing to latch on to the next in this series asap! I love the characters and the whole idea of each individuals powers, strengths and weakness being protrayed.
Published on 2 Feb 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars when, book 5 ? (Prophesies)
Published on 28 Mar 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars when, book 5 ? (Prophesies), 28 Mar 1999
This review is from: Betrayals (Blending) (Mass Market Paperback)
The Blending series is the first Sharon Green I've read. Really enjoyed it, though I'd say that book 3 (Challenges) was my favorite. I still like Kambil, even though he's grown more villainous. Does anyone know when Book 5 is supposed to be published? I certainly do hope all the loose ends are tied up (but I know it's already written). Does Avon plan to reprint any other Sharon Green books?

3.0 out of 5 stars Series started great but bogging down..., 24 Mar 1999
This review is from: Betrayals (Blending) (Mass Market Paperback)
Initial story line was as imaginative as Sharon Green usually is, but there is too much stereotyping - the five (six, actually, with Naran) main characters have all the qualities, physical and moral - you can tell which female character is one of the heroines because she is breathtakingly beautiful and has "these incredible violet eyes" or "lovely green eyes", and which man is one of the good guys because he looks like the dashing hero on the cover of a romance novel, and no trial or tribulation in earlier life has spoiled their innate goodness and nobility of character. The style is also contrived: the bad guys are "rigidly inflexible" (can one be rigidly flexible? or supple and inflexible?); they are also fat, ugly, spoiled and cruel. I also agree with one earlier reviewer that the mention of Srebenica in one dedication was tasteless - specially as the "nobles" in the story act exactly like the Serbs in real life. But - all this being said, I still want to know how it all ends, and hope the fifth book will be out soon (if not, I'll probably lose interest and imagine my own ending...). Dear Ms. Green, some of your earlier books were so imaginative and exciting, why did you embark on this endless, meandering tale? Please finish it up soon and give us another Lady Blade, or Terrilian, or Rebel Prince.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book! Series is getting better! I want the next one!, 15 Feb 1999
This review is from: Betrayals (Blending) (Mass Market Paperback)
I'll admit that I was a little cautious about the first book of this series, as I found the repeated scenes from each character's viewpoint a little tedious. Yet each scene had information that I as a reader needed to know -- and Ms. Green really hit her stride in the latter part of Book 2, and I *WANT* Book 5. It was bad enough, being left with with a cliffhanger at the end of Book 3. Book 4 nicely resolves the problems of Book 3's cliffhanger, and leaves me looking for Book 5. At the end of Book 4, it says "Look for Book 5, coming soon." Yesterday would have been a nice time to have Book 5 in my hands. This whole series is WORTH a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book exciting but where oh where is the next one!, 2 Feb 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Series started fine, but deteriorates rapidly, 1 Feb 1999
This review is from: Betrayals (Blending) (Mass Market Paperback)
After reading the first volume in the series I was captivated. Admittedly, the description of the background world was thin (a vaguely Victorian era) and held little depth, the characterization of nobility versus commoners extremely black and white, and the main characters are straight out of a day time soap opera, but the plot was intricate enough to make you want to know more. But having finished book four I do not know if I can summon the energy to finish this series. The plot pace becomes positively glacial in places (do I really want to know all the details of all the trials they go through, especially when those trials are almost carbon copies of each other), the "magic" gets less and less believeable, the heroes are paranoid (rightly so!) and smart, but also make amazingly stupid mistakes. In short, the story doesn't seem to get more focus or congeal as the books progress. If Ms. Green had taken two books this would have been a whole lot more palateable. As an aside: the dedication to a complete platoon is nice, if maybe a bit much, but the added remark about Srebrenica is absolutely tasteless, considering what happened to the place.

4.0 out of 5 stars This continuation of an epic story is wonderful., 12 Jan 1999
This review is from: Betrayals (Blending) (Mass Market Paperback)
After their underhanded defeat by the noble Blending, the Choosen Five, Vallant, Tamma, Lorand, Jovvi, and Rion, must rescue both themselves, their friends from training, as well as other practioners who were deemed by the nobility to be too dangerous to keep around. While our group is travelling around rescuing people and destroying guardsmen, they start discovering more and more about the limits of their powers as well as their countries actions against their neighbors and "enemies". We also learn more and more about the what their enemies are doing and thinking, as the noble Five take the throne and consolidate their power. This is an excellent continuation of an epic story that makes the reader wish for more. The character building is the most interesting part of the story, as is the way the Choosen Five deal with their problems and growing strengths. The relationships between the Choosen Five is what makes a reader stay with the story to see how it all turns out.

4.0 out of 5 stars An exciting book with a another frustrating ending!, 12 Jan 1999
This review is from: Betrayals (Blending) (Mass Market Paperback)
Well Sharon has done it again! "Betrayals" is a great book with lots of action this time! The characters of the "other" blending-now the Seated Five,are really involved as well and you can easily see the fifth book leading to a climactic finale. Be prepared-you will be hanging on after reading this one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book in the Blending series, 10 Jan 1999
This review is from: Betrayals (Blending) (Mass Market Paperback)
After FINALLY getting my hands on the 4th book, I tore through and found myself to be as totally enthralled as I was with the first 3. (And the ending wasn't as totally gut-wrenching as the ending of Challenges.) Now, if Avon would print up and release the 5th book, which is already written, I'll be set!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book...looking forward to getting my hands on book Five, 9 Jan 1999
This review is from: Betrayals (Blending) (Mass Market Paperback)
I've been reading Sharon Green's work for over 13 years now. When I got the first book, Convergence, I was thrilled. It made me yearn for book two, Competitions, which made me want the next one NOW! I patiently waited for book three, Challenges which I found out was held because of the wishes of the publisher. BIG Sigh. I found book four, Betrayals, quite by accident and was thrilled!!!!!!! I read it in one sitting. This one is not quite as interperson action packed as the first ones but you can see that Sharon Green is leading us to the conclusion, book five. Other than being freed, freeing others and finding out more how the nobles are running the show, you really don't get very far with this book. BUT you can see that she is leading us to the final book. While I don't think it is her absolute best book yet, it is a good companion book. I'm hoping that the final book in this series picks the pace back up and wraps up things without looking too rushed. I have enjoyed this series a lot. I haven't enjoyed a series like this since I last read the Stephen Donaldson series, Thomas Covanent. I would recommend this book as it is a good read. Thanks!

Betrayals (Blending)
Betrayals (Blending) by Sharon Green (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Feb 1999)
Used & New from: 0.01