1 Review

1.0 out of 5 stars Snoopy pest irritates this reader, 4 July 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: September Mourn (Bed-And-Breakfast Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
To be fair, I am prejudiced against the "Cozy". The private citizen who butts into an investigation for no reason, other than to be snoopy. This innkeeper actually says at one point that there's been a murder on this island and somebody's go to start talking. Yeah, but why to her? She's nobody with no right to question anyone. This is just irritating to me as a reader. I want a good reason for the main character to investigate. I want them to be paid or have a vested interest in a case. I hate the volunteer or snoop which we see in so many books. I really hated the char- acters in this book, especially when the cousin hits the obnoxious guest on the head with a plate and that's alright, because he was so despicable. Don't these writers understand about lawsuits? Mere words from this guest would not constitute legal provocation for him to be assaulted? I am ashamed to admit that I finished this book, but I only did so to see how bad it would get and I was not disappointed, it was magnificent in its badness.

September Mourn (Bed-And-Breakfast Mysteries)
September Mourn (Bed-And-Breakfast Mysteries) by Mary Daheim (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Dec 1998)
4.70