5.0 out of 5 stars IT WAS GREAT!
This is the fabulous love story of Duncan MacKinnon, the sixth laird of Dunraven and Kara Fitzgerald, an American with the gift of Sight. The two get involved in intrigue, murder and with each other. It's a great story filled with ghost and legends. It's yet another winner of the fantastic Draycott Abbey series. You'll love it. Trust me!
Published on 19 Jan 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed
This was my first Christina Skye book & I just thought there was too much going on. The Story of Duncan & Kara was enough you didn't need the story of Rowan and Auduaine. In fact it was a distraction. And I'm sorry the references to Duncan's security work for the Queen Mother and him & Kara modelling were ridiculous. Take these bits out & you had a pretty good story.
Published on 31 Aug 2004 by Suz

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WAS GREAT!, 19 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Bride of the Mist (Draycott Abbey Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars This deserves MORE THAN 5 STARS!, 7 Dec 1998
By A Customer
After reading Christina Skye's historical romances, I was reluctant to give the Draycott Abbey series a go. You see, I'm a romance freak, and somehow, I've always preferred historical romances to contemporary ones. But, as luck would have it, I finished all her historical romances, and I was starved for more of her writing. In the end, I gave up, and decided to try and give it a shot. I wasn't very hopeful that I would like it - I mean, how real can it be, a contemporary romance with a resident ghost?!
I had to eat my words. I loved every page of her book! Now, I'm hooked, and I can't wait to get my hand on her remaining books. In fact, from now on, her name will be signature enough for me to buy ALL of the books that she has, published. I just pray feverently that she will not neglect the historical romances she weaved so well - I'm dying to know what happened to Conner Mackinnon, Duncan Mackinnon's ancestor!! Somebody please tell Christina to follow up on that one!
With one to two books out each year, Christina Skye can't write enough to satiate my thirst for her books!

5.0 out of 5 stars this is a fantastically written book about love and hope, 2 Aug 1999
By A Customer
THIS WAS THE FIRST OF HER BOOKS THAT I HAVE READ AND I JUST COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN. THE CHARACTERS ARE UNFORGETTABLE AND ARE FULL OF HOPE,PASSION, AND HONOR, BUT DON'T FORGET PRIDE. I ONLY READ BOOKS ABOUT SCOTLAND AND I HAVE FOUND A FAVORITE AUTHOR. CHRISTINA SKYE WEAVES AN UNFORGETTABLE STORY ABOUT TWO PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT WORLDS THAT ARE BROUGHT TOGETHER BY AN ANCIENT CASTLE AND AN ANCIENT PROPHECY. KARA FITZGERALD AND DUNCAN MACKINNON ARE UNFORGETTABLE AND VERY PASSIONATE. THE CAT FROM THE DRAYCOTT ABBEY IS KNOWN AS GIDEON AND I LOVED HIM SO MUCH ALSO THAT I NAMED A KITTEN AFTER HIM. I GIVE THIS BOOK 5 + STARS AND RECOMMEND IT TO ANY NEW ADULT ROMANCE READERS AND IT MAKES THE PERFECT GIFT FOR THE WIFE WHO LOVES HISTORICAL ROMANCES.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supernatural gentle book, 23 Nov 2013
All her Draycott Abbey have the romance overlaid with the supernatural. A real feast for the mind and heart, and Bride of the Mist does not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!, 5 Oct 1998
By A Customer
This book is what I call a "One Day Book"...... I had to read it all once I began. The pace was perfect........ never a moment of boredom, or an urge to just "skip the next part". The elements of psychic abilities combined wonderfully with the supernatural aspects. I LOVE a good ghost story, and this is beyond that. All elements worked together beautifully to make an unforgettable read. I am currently ordering all the other books in the Draycott Abbey series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing, 29 Mar 1998
By A Customer
The Bride of the Mist is a very good book.However,it was unnecessary to have the main characters' full names every twenty pages.All in all,it is still an interesting book. The hero, Duncan Mackinnon had the good sense to still want the heroine despite the fact that it was the honorable thing to leave her.Most heroes leave the heroines because they think they don't deserve them.It isn't until the end of the story when the heroines are saved, then the heroes want to have the heroines back into their lives. Kara Fitzgerald, a brilliant women with the ability to forsee danger in the future and know what people are thinking. Kara was hurt once very badly, but she still accepted Duncan's proposal. Kara still believed in love despite her past. The hero and the heroine are both fascinating characters. The secondary characters make the book more interesting. If there ever were a Draycott Abbey book that must be read,then the Bride of the Mist is the right choice.Five stars for Christina Skye.

5.0 out of 5 stars Draycott Abbey is at it's best!!!, 8 Nov 1997
By A Customer
Christina Skye has such a wonderful combination in all her books - mystery, supernatural (ESP, ghosts, visions, etc.), and romance. This story goes to an earlier time; but, yet, parallels the present, too. I simply cannot put down her books. The story combined with the every present mystery keeps me reading until the very end. I look forward to every Draycott Abbey book out there. You will too!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed, 31 Aug 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and ECCENTRIC!!!, 2 Nov 1998
By A Customer
The plot and the way the story was written is magnificent. A deffinite keeper!

Bride of the Mist (Draycott Abbey Novels)
Bride of the Mist (Draycott Abbey Novels) by Christina Skye (Mass Market Paperback - 10 Aug 2000)
4.11