Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on 19 April 1999
I actually enjoyed this Shannon Drake novel, and believe me, I've been disappointed in other Drake novels, but this one captured my attention. I fell in love with the hero of the novel. I relished his strength and his love for protection of his 'unwilling' colonial bride. The plot was quite far-fetched, but Shannon Drake managed to entwine the far-fetched plot with sinister murders, framed for murder, and of course, the ever present loyal friendship of King Charles II. I've rated 'Bride of the Wind' a 3 1/2, only because I've compared it to other novels written by another favorite author of mine whom sets many of her novels during this particular era. I am a loyal fan of Heather Graham, but as Drake, she has been disappointing at times, however, 'Bride of the Wind' and 'Princess of Fire' are now two of my favorite novels by 'Graham' as 'Drake'.
on 24 June 1999
This was the first romance novel I read and as far as I am concerned the best book I've ever read. Shannon Drake puts everything you could ever ask for in a romance book; deceit, revenge, love, jealousy, steamy sex scenes, family, and a baby. What more could you ask for. The plot is very interesting and enjoyable to read. This book inspired me to read more romance novels and to start to write one of my own. Since I have read this book, I have bought all of her other novels and enjoyed them immensely. I would suggest to anyone to read this book, it really is a keepsake.
0Comment9 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse