5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Lindsey book.
This one has elements which are very cool. Exotic location, intrigue, love, and humor---all woven into a tale worthy of a---well---pasha. Excellent plot and well written.
Published on 28 May 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best effort...
I am a big fan of harem themed romances which is why I was so looking forward to this one.
Overall, it is good, but I have read better and Lindsey has written better too.
Published on 22 July 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not her best effort..., 22 July 1999
This review is from: Silver Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Overall, it is good, but I have read better and Lindsey has written better too.
The plot is exciting and tinged with intrigue. The hero is great (I am not to thrilled with his rakish past, but this is fiction not fact, so I'll digress...) and the setting ang background history were detailed but never dull. The dialogue was punchy and the action was fast paced. the love scenes were good--not great, but better than average.
My prblem is the heroine--Chantelle--who is so 'stubborn' (more like stupid!) and so wishy-washy-whiny and so dull that I really didn't care either way what happened to her. And how many times does her silver hair and violet eyes have to be mentioned? It is nauseating! She is a two-dimmensional character notable only for her looks and little else--kind of like reading the harem adventures of Barbie and Ken.
Ann Chamberlin, Bertrice Small, Connie Mason and Jane Feather have written better harem tales than this. Read one of those first!

1.0 out of 5 stars Perverse Alpha Male, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Silver Angel (Kindle Edition)
Twin brothers Derek (Sinclair) and Jamil were separated at age 12. Jamil remained in in his homeland with his enslaved English mother, wife of the Dey of Barikah, while Derek is sent to England by his mother so that her father will have an heir to the Marquessate. Nineteen years pass and someone is intent on assassinating Jamil who is now the Dey and Pasha of a harem of 40+ wives and concubines. Jamil sends a coded message saying: I. Need. You. to Derek who immediately leaves for Barikah and once he arrives, he agrees to be the "secret" stand-in for Jamil while he seeks to find out who is trying to kill him.

Concurrently with the above, a lovely English girl, Chantelle, is abducted off the coast of England by corsairs who are on their way back to Barikah and of course they will sell her to the highest bidder once they get her there and - you got it - she will wind up in Jamil's harem else how will she meet Derek Sinclair so that he can eventually return her to England.

*SPOILERS...SPOILERS* My major issues with this book:

1) One of Jamil's favorites, Mara, is used as a "whipping" girl when he becomes frustrated and needs to let off steam. Oh, but it's okay because she can only get sexual pleasure after she has been beaten and bruised. Oh but, wait a minute, Jamil isn't actually doing the beating - he's having one of his slaves take care of it so Jamil is apparently excused.

2) Derek uses the maidservants in his grandfather's home in England as his "harem" but as he explains to a guest - the women don't belong to him exclusively.

Although Jamil gives Derek permission to "use" his wives, he doesn't actually want him to. Jamil therefore buys Chantelle hoping Derek will leave his favorites alone because whichever wives Derek actually beds while pretending to be Jamil will have to be sold once Jamil returns to his harem. Jamil's strategy actually works because Derek becomes fascinated with Chantelle which leads to problem Number 3: Derek has no intention of taking Chantelle home so he leads himself to believe that the only way to help Chantelle is to relieve her of her virginity and therefore, she will be removed from Jamil's harem and be allowed to marry.

And to make it all worse, Derek has a fiancee, Caroline, back home who he has known since she was a little girl and is his best friend, no less. Honestly, would a person treat their worst enemy the way he has treated Caroline by continuing to have sex with his private little harem of maids although poor Caroline probably believes he has been faithful to her since their betrothal and now Derek is purposely seducing Chantelle so that he can relieve her of her virginity - but of course he is only doing Chantelle a huge favor.

I have been a of fan Ms. Lindsey's Malory books but Silver Angel is probably the most disgusting regency romance (if one could call it that) I have read. Don't waste your time or your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Lindsey book., 28 May 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Lindsey Hit!!!!, 4 Dec 1997
This review is from: Silver Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved this book! Even though I found the plot very inlikely, I couldn't help but fall in love with the characters. Chantelle's resistence and Derek's passion make for a sexy, alluring story. The battle that they fought was a joy to read, and I couldn't put the book down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver Angel, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Silver Angel (Kindle Edition)
I read this book years ago and enjoyed it then, wondered if id still enjoy it. I do. They are easy to read, a guilty pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS BOOK!, 27 Mar 1999
This review is from: Silver Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
Johanna Lindsey is my favorite author, and this book is my ultimate favorite. The intrigue is so well intertwined with the romance, it's like two books in one. I could picture the scenes and felt a part of history as I read this story. I have read it several times, and will read it again. It's FABULOUS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT READING!!, 30 Aug 1998
This review is from: Silver Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
THIS IS ONE OF MY LATEST READINGS AND I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED EVERY PAGE. SHE DRAWS YOU INTO THE STORY AS IF YOU WERE THERE WATCHING IT ALL HAPPEN. A FRIEND RECOMMENDED HER TO ME AND I'VE READ ALMOST ALL THERE IS IN OUR LOCAL LIBRARY I'VE EVEN HAD TO GO TO LARGE PRINT BOOKS JUST SO I CAN READ SOME OF THEM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver Angel, 18 Sep 2004
This review is from: Silver Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was set in a different setting and one thing I love about JL is the way she brings history to life. I've learnt a lot about history in different places and she again brings alive a different era and culture. This book was excellent and I really was not able to guess who the villains were and that makes a huge change! This is a great book and I highly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars A book for all Romance lovers!, 21 May 1999
This review is from: Silver Angel (Mass Market Paperback)
I usually don't like romance books that have harlems in them, but this book was an exceptional book. I could not put it down.

Silver Angel
Silver Angel by Johanna Lindsey (Mass Market Paperback - 6 Dec 2007)
6.31