5.0 out of 5 stars mind-blowing primer
The chapter titled "Funny Money" alone is worth many times the price of this book.

Published on 5 Dec 2008 by D&D

2.0 out of 5 stars The case is not made
Reading the other reviews you will have the idea of this book. But the case is not made. Just tot up the number of truly relevant UFO/war connections in this book and you will see what I am saying - there just aren't enough, and when they come they are rather carefully chosen.
I happen to believe in a fair bit that is presented here, and even I wasn't convinced. What...
Published on 2 Aug 2008 by A. Mutimer

5.0 out of 5 stars mind-blowing primer, 5 Dec 2008
D&D - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)

A shockingly simple, easy to understand explanation of the "money" illusion and how the whole game works! This was my introduction to the world-wide ponzi-scheme that is today's money. I was shaken up for a long time afterwards, once I had grasped that it really is literally just a house of cards. Bramley presents a thorough explanation of the world monetary system; outlines the link between economics and war; and queries who is really in control - elected leaders or the money-men. Considering it was started in the 1960s, this book was way ahead of its time.

This is a primer on alternative human history or rather the dark side of human history. Stuffed with facts and information you don't get in school or university and offering a mind-blowing hypothesis, this book loosens the straightjacket of current mainstream beliefs that entangles all of us.

Are you prepared to entertain the possibility that humans have been manipulated and controlled since the dawn of time and by an unknown source? Actually, Bramley did not intend to write a conspiracy-theory book; out of sheer curiosity, he started investigating the root causes of war. And why not? Mainstream historians dismiss or merely skip over uncomfortable information whereas Bramley scrutinises what has been ignored or deliberately obscured.

Bramley essentially follows a certain mystery cult throughout history, from ancient times to present day, identifying its branches through their common symbols. He explains this group's power and its enormous influence throughout history on society, power, finance, religion, etc (you name it, "they" control it).

Anyway, this was the first conspiracy book I ever stumbled across and did I have a shock. I've read criticisms of this book. Many are from people who clearly haven't read it and others take small pieces they disagree with and condemn the whole book - both methods are simply pathetic.

Still others complain no evidence is provided. Just how would you expect Bramley (or any other whistleblower) to provide evidence of such conspiracies?! And what evidence would be "acceptable", anyway? (And isn't it usually the same people demanding "evidence" in these cases as the ones who accept lots of other "facts" without question, for example germ theory, without having ever seen a single germ for themselves?)

You are either a conspiracy theorist or a coincidence theorist. Even though this information - and much more - is now widely available, arguments one way or another are as idiotic as the disagreements about creationism vs darwinism - what's the point when there isn't any proof - at least any proof that the "other side" will accept - either way?!

I understand this book is Bramley's life's work and he does not intend to write another. To my mind, Bramley's successor is David Icke, whose books go beyond Bramley's excellent introduction to this arena.

Later notes: The roots of today's conspiracies are being addressed by many others over the last decade. The uncovering of what had been kept secret from us for thousands of years has been moving rapidly and are exposed in the works of Pierre Sabak, Michael Tsarion and Ralph Ellis, all of whom use etymology (tracing the origin and development of words). These, and other excellent books, like Farrell's "Babylon's Banksters", all reveal a truer version of humankind's history than we have previously been allowed to know. There's also the alien/hybrid origins of mankind explained in Shannon Dorey's three books, starting with "The Master of Speech".

I also recommend Frank O'Collins of Ucadia.com - truly magnificent body of work although a lot of time and effort will be needed, there are thousands of webpages offered, all for free. An interesting place to start is episode 92 of his talkshoe radio presentations (impatient people should start at around 19 minutes - allow an hour to listen to these revelations about the true origins of the US) - google talkshoe and ucadia.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for independent thinkers worldwide!!!, 26 July 1998
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
This book leads to the ultimate conclusion that mankind has and can be easily manipulated through a small elite of intellectuals. The various religious books point out that if the "Gods" are not obeyed mankind will suffer the consequences of the wrath of the "Gods" who usually employ secret societies that control the world to do their bidding. These religious books do have spirituallity but ultimately promote totalitarianism under the guise of "The kingdom of Heaven" where everybody obeys and doesn't question authority. You don't have to believe the book, but it's worth researching and thinking about. Pick it up you, wouldn't be dissappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended different view of history, 17 Oct 1997
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
A must have for any conspiracy theorist, GODS OF EDEN makes a well-thought out argument for covert intervention throughout history by various groups and individuals. Even though some of the ideas and details presented may seem extraordinary, the extremely well researched book makes a solid case and could lead even disbelievers to question their own orthodox. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are we alone?, 6 Mar 2009
S. D. Amey "Goozle" (ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
This book (fully referenced) covers the role of secret societies in our culture going back over thousands of years. Their involvment with our country and religous leaders and banking families and cartels. And the influence of manevolent ET's on these secret societies.
Whatever your views on ET's i would highly recommend reading this book to understand the influences over us by secret societies, which cannot be ignored.

5.0 out of 5 stars hidden history,, 29 Oct 2007
J.A.R. (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
The Gods of Eden by William Bramley is an excellent account on discovering who the "man" behind the curtain truly is. His research has uncovered a history that has been masked for centuries. It's contains have lead to me to other works related to this subject such as, "UFOs and the National Security State" by Richard Dolan, and the "Secret History of the World" by Laura Knight-Jadczyk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawed but Wonderful, 5 Aug 1999
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
A lot of the negative comments made about this book are accurate. In it there are many quantum leaps made between historical facts uncovered and the conclusions he draws. Also, some of the facts themselves seem to have gleaned from less than reputable sources.
Additionally, I have my own objection. First Bramley establishes how the ancient Sumerians believed that the earth was populated by spaceman-like beings (therefore it must be true, right?). He continues to expound about various "brotherhood" organizations that have existed ever since, most of which are responsible for undermining the well being of non-brotherhood individuals and keeping us in the dark about our true origins. What he never establishes is WHY the brotherhood organizations continue to act as they do. How does their ongoing secret attack upon the rest of us continue to serve the spacemen masters who, as Bramley states, created us as a slave race? This is no nit-picky question. Remaining unanswered, it kind of nullifies the value of many of Bramley's hypothoses.
HOWEVER - I rate this book five stars! This book did more to unsettle my mental status quo than any book I've ever read. There is tremendous value in that. And much of what he says makes such good sense. Take the case of Jehovah. The old testament God, Jehovah, comes off as more as a bratty, violent superbeing than an all-loving, all-knowing creator of all things. Why? And why was Jehovah so hell bent on having people worship no other god than himself? He didn't say he was the only god - he just said people shouldn't worship other gods. Because Jehovah was only one of many. I completely believe Bramley on this.
Many of the points he brings up are provoking and insightful - such as his account of the development of monetary systems - even if you don't agree with the broader framework he places these issues in. This book shook me up for a few weeks. How many books can do that? I loved this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars At last...........some serious answers to many questions!, 2 Jun 2003
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
William Bramley has done some amazing work here in terms of researching his subject, along with a great deal of data to support his hypothesis. In many ways this book is far more credible than the christian bible and the equivalent of other religions. It is hard to believe why humankind should, after thousands of years, still be embroiled in the levels of coflict that we are when it seems that all most of us really want is peace! The issues surrounding the plague and other widespread illnesses are fascinating, along with the creation of the nazi regime. Again, how could the whole German nation allow such a crazed lunatic as Hitler attain the level of power that was afforded him and to tolerate the atrocities carried out by the Nazis?
If I had to be critical I felt the last two chapters were a little weak (compared to the rest of the book), almost like Bramley had started to run out of ideas and I was very disappointed that this was to be his only work on the subject. Nevertheless, in my view this is an excellent, interesting and hugely enlightening work, possibly almost dangerous at times, especially to those with deep rooted religious faith. There are however a great many questions both unanswered and provoked by the Gods of Eden, for example if the "Custodials" or "Brotherhood" really exists would the author not have been in fear of reprisal or at least interference from these groups. As Bramley says in his final chapters there is much scope for more research and work on the areas covered by the book's theme. I would like to hear the views from other readers and would welcome a dialogue with the author if this is possible in some way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Method of Controlling the Enemy Populace, 14 July 1998
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
The premise that mankind is basically policing itself and thereby remaining "enslaved" to serve an ancient, higher purpose by means of intergroup aggression is a fascinating insight. We must arise from our slumber while time remains and realize that we are not only created each one in the very image of God, but that owing to such uniqueness we are Gods. I believe this masterful, enlightening work serves as a well-researched portent of the epic, Apocalyptic "Final" Battle shortly to be played out upon theater Earth. Read this book and assimilate its wisdom

5.0 out of 5 stars Good alround book on the subject, 12 May 2007
M. Davis "Mad Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read many books from many different angles, this one is easy to read, is well written and I wasn't able to put it down till I finished. It does take an open mind to understand but is a good book for people who are interested enough to take that step. I'd recommend this book to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Must Read for those who seek the truth, 15 Dec 1998
This review is from: The Gods of Eden (Mass Market Paperback)
I didn't give this book 5 stars just because I got a little tired with a few of the history lessons, but overall it was well researched and well written. I did not know going in that this book would focus so much on the history of this last Century, but it opened my eyes to all sorts of possibilities. I had previously read the works of Zecharia Sitchin, and this book very much complements Sitchin's work. I would recommend this, and any other well researched book dealing with the "true" history of mankind. I walk away from this book with a slightly new, and somewhat better perspective on life, and that is the best praise I can give any work.

The Gods of Eden
The Gods of Eden by William Bramley (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Mar 1993)
4.66