5.0 out of 5 stars Watch, Read, Listen and ... Dance!
Published on 24 Nov 2011 by Elena

3.0 out of 5 stars Book disappointing
I was disappointed with the book of poems and pictures. The seller did not make it clear that they were aimed at very young children and therefore unsuitable for my 9 year old grand daughters. I know the music and assume it was not altered for this production, although I did not listen to it before giving it to them.
Published 17 months ago by Sara

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch, Read, Listen and ... Dance!, 24 Nov 2011
This is one of the best books I've ever bought for my kids. The beauty of it is that it combines so many arts all together: magical music which comes with excellent poems and fabulous pictures that accompany it. My four-year-old eleven-year old both love the book. They enjoy listening to the music (even after the first time they started recognizing animals in each musical piece ), reading and listening to the poems, looking at and discussing the pictures (oh, that cat watching the fish in the fishbowl!) and - probably the best part of it all! - dancing to the music, imitating all these animals! What a great idea: music, poems, pictures and dancing - all together. Can a child, parent or teacher wish for more? I wish more musical pieces were turned into such books. Mr. Jack Prelutsky - how about Children's Album by Pyotr Tchaikovsky?

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable book, 2 Nov 2010
This is a beautiful book with fantastic illustrations that children love to look at while listening to the music.

5.0 out of 5 stars animal cd, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Carnival of the Animals [With CD (Audio)] (Hardcover)
The carnival of the animals is such a classic that I felt I wanted to share it with my class off 5 and 6 year olds.

3.0 out of 5 stars Book disappointing, 20 Jan 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Music good not sure about the poetry, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The Carnival of the Animals [With CD (Audio)] (Hardcover)
Doing a project around the music of Saont Saens with my 5-7 year olds. The musid is good but I think I would have been happier with Ogden Nash's poems. The reader of these poems has a dreadful drawl.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classroom resources, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Carnival of the Animals [With CD (Audio)] (Hardcover)
My class of 9-10 year olds enjoyed this multi media approach to learning - this resource is useful formally and informally; as a teaching tool, or just for relaxation purposes. After also scanning the book, so the visuals could be presented on a large classroom interactive whiteboard, we could return to the text as poetry, or art - with and without music - for discussion of independent and related artistic connections. Highly recommended classroom resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Carnival of the Animals [With CD (Audio)] (Hardcover)
This is my 4yo daughters second book and music book, she loves them! I find the authors voice a little irritating but my daughter doesn't mind it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 2 Sep 2013
Jana (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Carnival of the Animals [With CD (Audio)] (Hardcover)
My graddaughter especially loves the aquarium and the swan.
I find that although the poems are lovely, I wish they were read with more enthusiasm - pitched at the younger listener.

The Carnival of the Animals [With CD (Audio)]
The Carnival of the Animals [With CD (Audio)] by Prelutsky Jack (Hardcover - 24 Aug 2010)
11.54