5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely books for little Elmo fans
Great box set. The images are clear and text simple. My little girl loves lifting the flaps. Good quality and nicely presented Elmo books.
Published on 26 April 2011 by Vicky Ward

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I was expecting
Published on 12 May 2011 by Leigh

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I was expecting, 12 May 2011
This review is from: Elmo's World: First Flap-Book Library (Sesame Street) (Sesame Streeta(r) Elmos World(tm)) (Sesame Street Elmo's World) (Board book)
Like a lot of kids, my 15-month old daughter is an avid Elmo fan. When I saw the these books, I thought she would love them. From the description, they seemed to combine Elmo with the other things she is crazy about: flap-books, dogs, babies, and balls. Unfortunately, the flaps are small and difficult for her to open, and the pictures underneath the flaps aren't interesting enough for her to want to bother opening them. Sesame Street could have done so much more to make this book appealing to toddlers (maybe a little repetition in the language & some easier to open flaps). They didn't, and my daughter loses interest in reading them almost at the first page, whereas she will sit with other books for ages. That said, she loves the holding onto the handle of the box they come in and looking at the picture on it (too bad you can't just buy the box)! If you want a good book for this age group, I wouldn't recommend these. Instead, check out "Where is Baby's Belly Button" by Karen Katz, Where Is Baby's Belly Button? or "That's Not My Puppy (Usborne Touchy Feely Books)" (not sure who the author is).

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely books for little Elmo fans, 26 April 2011
Vicky Ward (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars My son really like these books, 16 April 2013
the contents and quality of these books are perfect for a baby!!
My son watchs the pictures very exited, maybe because of Elmo is his favourite monster

4.0 out of 5 stars My son loves these books, 6 Feb 2013
Santa brought these books for my 2 year old son. He's an Elmo fan and loves flap books, so this quickly became one of his favourite gifts. These flaps are integrated (cut into the top layer of card) with the page, not stuck on after printing like some books. Therefore, the flaps can be tricky for little fingers to open when the books are new. I think these types of flaps are better at withstanding heavy use.

The four books are bright colourful and fun. Despite being American, There are only a few instances of US specific language, such as "baloney", "beets", "colorful", "Mommy" and the phrase "They're shaped funny". This doesn't pose too much of a problem when reading with a tot, as I just substitute with the English words.

The case is handy for storing and carrying the books. Together, it makes a neat little package for my son to carry out to restaurants. However, I have knocked one star off my rating, because the Velcro closure on our case has problems. The Velcro is framed in place, under a layer of the cardboard. This gives the case a very neat finish, however, the Velcro is so strong, that when my son opens the case, one side of the Velcro gets pulled out of its slot. I keep having to re-insert it into place. We just leave the case open now.