4.0 out of 5 stars Multiple persepctives tie together nicely
Published 2 months ago by J.E.T

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected
The title really grabbed me, made me think i could expand my life and reach for the stars. Uhoh! Wrong book!
Published 18 months ago by carole jones

4.0 out of 5 stars Multiple persepctives tie together nicely, 6 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Realm of Possibility (Paperback)
David Levithan is an author who certainly doesn't shy away from getting into the mindset of teens and being representative of a wide variety of social groups and relationship perspectives. This isn't my favourite of his books (The Lover's Dictionary and Every Day are probably my favourites), but it is definitely worth a look at if you enjoy seeing things from multiple dimensions and viewpoints.

The book has a variety of writing styles, often using verse instead of standard prose, which is a nice touch, and consists of many chapters each featuring four different perspectives. At first glace it is quite disjointed, but as you continue to read, you see different character's stories tying together and see a web of relationships forming as you realise that you are now reading from the point of someone that you heard about in another character's own story.

A flaw with so many characters is, obviously, that it can become confusing and you don't always pick up on the fact that you have 'met' this person before in another perspective. However, each new section lists the four character names at the start, and it is easy to flick back through and remind yourself which story links with which name. Without this I am not sure I would have enjoyed the book as much, so this was well thought through by Levithan.

If you want to read a book that shows friendship; heterosexual and homosexual love and just the politics of relationships as you grow, then this is a nice snapshot of life through different eyes.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Book Geek, 11 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Realm of Possibility (Paperback)
I'm not sure what it is about these books in verse that really does it for me but I'm yet to be disappointed by one. I've read some of those by Ellen Hopkins and Lisa Schroeder and I found that writing in verse only added to the emotions I felt as a reader. Maybe it's because it hones in on the point and it's all laid out within a few stanzas instead of meandering about.

Whatever the reason, The Realm of Possibility was no exception and I was constantly pulled through a rollercoaster of emotions - even though I admittedly didn't always get what was going on :)

This is definitely the kind of book that you either love or hate, both for the fact that it's in verse and because David Levithan has a very unique writing style (that I happen to love the more I encounter it).

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful., 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Realm of Possibility (Paperback)
Stunning, delicate, well written. It takes a little time to adjust to the style of writing, but once you're into it, it's utterly brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Realm of Possibility (Paperback)
My daughter asked for this book as she was recommended it. She found it hard to put down and said it is a really good book to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 2 Dec 2013
Really good. Very relatable to a young audience,excellent use of language and beautifully written with exquisite titles, great read wow!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Realm of Possibility (Paperback)
Such a good book, I love it! Great quick delivery too, would definitely recommend it to friends and family. I just wish it was longer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book and Seller, 13 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Realm of Possibility (Paperback)
Excellent book - a brilliant example of poetry interwoven with storytelling. Would recommend everyone reads this at some point - it says in the blurb it's a Young Adult book, but really this is suitable and interesting for all.

The product had a highly ambiguous delivery time, with a 20 period, but that is shown clearly well in advance of payment and was happy to wait that time (although it didn't take anywhere near that long to arrive!) - so just be aware before ordering.

Overall - a great book, and a very happy purchaser!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 20 Jun 2013
So moving and a splendid read. Great coming of age/ romance stories. I love how the character's lives intertwine. Read it abd love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, 19 Jun 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful narrative., 30 Jan 2013
I'll be honest, it took me a while to get into the book, but once I was in I was stuck. Enthralled by the stories and narrative that he uses. I know David Levithan from his book Will Grayson Will Grayson he wrote with John Green which is another superb book. Although the stories and characters are all linked, I found it was it to treat most of them separately, but this doesn't detract fro. The overall enjoyment. So glad books are available on the Kindle.

The Realm of Possibility
The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan (Paperback - 1 May 2006)
Usually dispatched within 2 to 4 weeks